Saturday, September 15, 2007

Birthday Girl! 3 Years Old!

Dave went in late to work Thursday morning so he could wish Alex a happy birthday and see her open her presents. We got her Elizabeth from the American Girl company. My mom knew we were getting her that doll and so she got Alex the horse, Jackson, to go with her. Alex, if you didn't already know, is passionately crazy about horses (in real life as well as pretend play). And interestingly, horses are drawn to Alex. From the miniature ponies we visit in Nauvoo to working horses to farm horses, they are all quite taken with Alex, always trying to get closer to her so they can nuzzle with her, and she seems to understand them. I've never seen anything so interesting.











Alex has been begging for "Lisbeth" for weeks. I have Felicity (got her when I was a girl) and Alex just loves to play with her. When I showed her the catalogue and she saw Felicity has a friend, Elizabeth, who looks just like Alex (blond hair, blue eyes), she couldn't think of anything else. Dave said that when he got her up from bed on her birthday morning, the first thing she said was, "okay.. we go get Lisbeth?" She knew she was getting her for her birthday! But that didn't take away from the excitement of actually getting her. She opened the box and almost shrieked she gasped so loudly. Lisbeth and her horse, Jackson, haven't been out of her sight since. They eat, sleep, and exist together.

3 comments:

Megan B said...

I love it! I sometimes wish Kinley had something she was so attached to. Tanner has his Bambi blanket, but Kinley has always flitted from interest to interest...you know, kind of like her mom :)

De Leo Family said...

So precious. What a wonderfully fun little girl! Thank you for sharing!

lrbodine said...

That is so precious! I love her in the princess dress too.

Kindness in words creates confidence.
Kindness in thinking creates profundity.
Kindness in giving creates love.
- Lao-Tse
Kindness in words creates confidence.
Kindness in thinking creates profundity.
Kindness in giving creates love.
- Lao-Tse