Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Alex trying to smile

As many of you know, Alex does not like to smile at anyone's request, certainly not on cue. You can imagine how this puts a damper on any professional picture-taking. So I've been working with her on smiling for the camera. She doesn't like it at all. I don't think she likes that type of attention, and I suspect it makes her feel like a fake... you know, smiling when there's no natural reason to. But I was amazed to get her to smile for these pictures... this truly is a miracle. These certainly aren't real Alex smiles, but it's a start!!! The poor dear is trying so hard!

2 comments:

De Leo Family said...

Beautiful little smile! She is so sweet.

Anonymous said...

she is really cute. but thats exactly how my sister is. every school picture looks like she was in a concentration camp. funny how kids think. alex's practice smiles are sweet though.

Kindness in words creates confidence.
Kindness in thinking creates profundity.
Kindness in giving creates love.
- Lao-Tse
Kindness in words creates confidence.
Kindness in thinking creates profundity.
Kindness in giving creates love.
- Lao-Tse