Saturday, June 28, 2008

Our 7th Wedding Anniversary

Today is our 7th wedding anniversary. To celebrate, we took Alex and Rory over to their grandparents' house yesterday and put them down for their afternoon nap there. They were so excited to sleep at Grandma and Grandpa's house, and I knew that they would have a great time. Once they were asleep, Dave and I headed out. We ended up getting to our favorite restaurant, Yamato's, a little early. They weren't open yet. We stood there outside the door, and tried to cope with our disappointment (okay MY disappointment), when one of the sweet little Japanese ladies saw us and came rushing to the door... it was still a half hour away from open time, but she wasn't going to let any of her customers wait outside, no matter HOW early they arrived! Once she got the door open, she started to apologize for making us wait... and she kept on apologizing. The people who work there are SO cute and sweet. The sushi is absolutely amazing... you leave that restaurant feeling better than when you arrived. How many restaurants can you say that about them? I always feel weighed down, sometimes a bit groggy, etc. after leaving most restaurants, I feel good WHILE eating, but as soon as I'm done eating, I just feel fat. but not with Yamato's... it actually makes me feel awesome during and after eating. Afterwards, we drove up to SLC to see Jerry Seinfeld. I thought we'd get a few laughs in and it would just be fun to go out, but he had us in stitches the ENTIRE time. I started feeling sick, I haven't laughed that much in a long time. We stayed in a romantic, step back in time, little B&B, and came back this morning to get our girlies. They had had the time of their lives... Grandma and Grandpa looked... EXHAUSTED, but happy. My Alex had decided that she was going to sleep in Grandma's bed with her, and Grandma let her. That girl kicks and shifts like a crab on its back, but with longer limbs. Poor Grandma. Rory woke up a couple times and enjoyed Grandpa's company- they walked around and talked for a while until Rory conked back out. Then the girls didn't even sleep in this morning, but wanted to start playing at 7:30am (that's early for them) and Grandma and Grandpa had their two-story playhouse all set up for them, and the water hose and other water toys.. they just had so much fun.

I thought I'd post a few pictures of our wedding day. The picture just below shows the exact spot where Dave proposed to me.


Extended Fam Pic. I had to post this picture because my Uncle Bill is in it and his smile brings back wonderful memories.

This is probably my most favorite picture of Dave.

This is one of my favorite bridal shots... my first and only nephew at the time, David De Leo, kinda makes it, dontchya think?

This one just makes me laugh. Good times.


Happy 7th Anniversary, Sweetheart! I'm so blessed to have you mine. :)

10 comments:

lrbodine said...

Happy Anniversary! I can't believe it's been 7 years - I still remember stopping by your reception after work and how beautiful everything was (and how amazing you looked). And I'm so mad that we missed Jerry Seinfeld when he was here in Phoenix a few weeks ago - I definitely can't miss his next tour date here!

Hilary said...

Nuh uh, I'm totally jealous you got to see Jerry!!! Happy Anniversary! Love the pix!

Mandie said...

Happy Anniversary! It sounds like you guys had a great time. Aren't anniversaries the greatest. I love looking back at the wedding day and all of the adventures since then. You guys are amazing and you look beautiful.

Kristin and Kurt Bryant said...

Happy Anniversary! What wonderful memories. I can't believe it has been seven years! And what wonderful grandparents to take the girls. And sweet uncle Bill. The world is a little less magical without him in it. I hope you have another wonderful seven years and many more.

oodlesofoversons said...

YAY! Happy same anniversary as us! You are a good lookin' couple. I will have to post about our eventful celebration...didn't come off quite as smoothly as yours! Sounds like you had a great time!

Julia said...

That's so fun to see your wedding pictures!! What a beautiful bride!! Happy Anni!!

Camille said...

That picture with Uncle Bill makes me smile too. Actually, all of the pictures you posted are so wonderful that I'm still smiling. Thanks for the picker-upper Nikki. I needed that. And congratulations!! I'm so glad you had such a wonderful weekend.

K+C=M+K said...

7 years?!! My goodness! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! What an accomplishment that is Nikki! And you still look as great and beautiful as you did the day you got married! I loved the picture of you and the parents and in-laws kissing- that is awesome!

The Begay Family said...

Happy Anniversary! Those are AMAZING pictures!

Angela said...

Congrats, 7 years! Happy Anniversary. An anniversary is about so many more days than just one, isn't it? It's about all the days in between. Your wedding pics are gorgeous, you look so stunningly beautiful!

Kindness in words creates confidence.
Kindness in thinking creates profundity.
Kindness in giving creates love.
- Lao-Tse
Kindness in words creates confidence.
Kindness in thinking creates profundity.
Kindness in giving creates love.
- Lao-Tse