Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Pure Panic

I'm trying not to lose my mind. My wedding ring is nowhere to be found. I could SWEAR I was wearing it in church... so I think I must have taken it off Sunday night to put lotion on my hands and when I take it off, there are only two places I ever leave it: on the nightstand next to my bed, or in my bathroom cabinet. It's not there. I started by asking my girls nicely if they had seen it or if they played with it. Now, the panic is really setting in, as I rip my house apart and still haven't found it, I go from threatening my girls, to mad searches in all the same places I've now looked a million times over, to crying in utter despair. It doesn't help that Alex keeps insisting that I took it off in church (???) and that Rory took it and lost it.

6 comments:

Allie said...

I'm sorry that stinks! I hate that feeling I've almost lost my ring a couple times, oops!

chelsea mckell said...

ohmy.... that is so sad. It happened to my mom once, and she found hers inside a glove. Between losing it and finding it, I remember her nearly "losing it"!
Good luck finding it. Ill say a prayer for ya. I bet it will turn up.

lrbodine said...

Oh I will pray for you that you find it! A couple of months ago mine fell off while I pumped gas and I had no idea. Thankfully I noticed within a few minutes of leaving (after pure panic) and was able to retrieve it after a hunt on the ground!

Shannan said...

Here, let me make you feel better. Joe has lost 3 wedding rings. That's right 3! And not just crappy cracker-jack rings. The real deal. I told him if he lost another one I would know our marriage meant nothing to him (because that totally makes sense, right?):) I really hope you find it. But if you don't, just try to infuse the situation with some of that Nikki positivity and maybe you will gain some great insight out of this! That's what we all get for buying and wearing diamonds!!

Hilary said...

Yikes! I'm so sorry! We wish you luck!!

oodlesofoversons said...

That is panic time. I hope you find it asap...good luck!

Kindness in words creates confidence.
Kindness in thinking creates profundity.
Kindness in giving creates love.
- Lao-Tse
Kindness in words creates confidence.
Kindness in thinking creates profundity.
Kindness in giving creates love.
- Lao-Tse