Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Found it!

Wow! What a day! I seriously thought my ring was lost forever. First of all, thank you so much to all of you who shared kind words with me and who even said a little prayer to help. And second, can I just say I have an amazing husband? I had searched the house and my car like mad all day long and when Dave came home, he was so comforting and calm, he changed the feeling of emotion immediately. He had Alex come over and he said a prayer to help us find my ring. It was a simple prayer, worded so that Alex would be able to understand every bit of it. Then he and Alex went up stairs to look for it again. I was exhausted and famished (the thought of never finding my ring again had chased away any appetite for food the whole day... though I did make sure my girls had food). I headed back to the spot I had been when Dave returned home (I had picked up and organized the area already), to look through the train table drawers (AGAIN) and right there in plain site, RIGHT where I had been before and searched several times before (not even beside an object, literally out in the open in plain view) was my wedding ring. I just about started to sob with relief but instead shouted out, "it's HERE!!! I've got it!" So Alex and Dave came rushing back downstairs and at first Alex couldn't believe it, she had to look at the ring on my finger for a long time and ask, "You found your ring, Mama?" Dave explained to her that because we said a prayer and asked for help, Heavenly Father helped us find it.

I had been saying prayers all throughout the day, but I failed to realize that this was a major teaching opportunity for my child because I was too caught up in the trauma of perhaps having lost my ring forever. I was supposed to teach my daughter a valuable lesson. Not until Dave came home, instigated a FAMILY prayer in humility and calmness, did Heavenly Father ALLOW us to find my ring. Alex learned an incredible lesson today about the power of prayer. Funny, too, that this happened right after I finished reading Sheri Dew's book, "God Wants a Powerful People". This was also a learning experience for me :)

Alex and Rory knew how upset I had been throughout the day and were so cute about being happy that I had my ring back. Both girls took turns hugging me and looking deeply into my eyes to make sure I was really happy again. The level of their understanding amazes me, and I also felt ashamed that I had allowed myself to get so upset that my baby girls were worried about me. Live and learn, grow and improve- that's certainly what I'll try to do.

To celebrate, we got some KFC and drove our scooters to the park to eat dinner. Alex was still thinking about the whole ordeal and after a while of silence said, "That was very nice of Jesus to help Mommy find her ring."

What a day.

7 comments:

Camille said...

I'm so glad you found it. What a blessing. You really do have a great, wonderful husband. You make a great team.

Rebecca said...

I have a tear running down my cheek. What a sweet story. Thanks for sharing:) I am so happy that you found your ring! I am sure your girls will remember this for a long time.

lrbodine said...

I'm so glad you found it and that is such a great story and a teaching reminder to me also.

Megan B ♥ said...

Well, I definitely got behind in googlereader and missed this drama! Wow, so glad it turned out so well. Glad the faith of a little girl could come through :) That's usually what's required over here too :)

Mandie said...

I'm so glad that you found your ring, I probably would have felt the same way. It's nice that you got a little lesson for the girls at the same time. Thank goodness for amazing hubbies huh. :D

oodlesofoversons said...

PHEW! And what a great experience it ended up being! I love how calm the men are over things like that. They seem to focus on finding it rather than panicking about how much it'll cost to replace, etc. Thank goodness for that!

Nikki said...

I guess I was so panicked because in my mind, it's irreplaceable, money holds no value (it's useless) when it comes to something as sentimental as this. It's the ring my husband gave me when he asked me to marry him. It holds so many special memories and a great meaning for me.

Kindness in words creates confidence.
Kindness in thinking creates profundity.
Kindness in giving creates love.
- Lao-Tse
Kindness in words creates confidence.
Kindness in thinking creates profundity.
Kindness in giving creates love.
- Lao-Tse