Friday, June 6, 2008

Growin' Up

Well yesterday was the first day that Rory didn't nurse at all. I think she's weaned! It's a bittersweet thing for me. I loved having that bonding time with her, because it kept her "my baby". Now we'll still have lots of bonding time... just at an older level. It's good. But it feels weird not having a little baby! On the non-emotional end of things, I've never felt BETTER!!! I nursed Alex 'till she was almost 15 months old, and then immediately got pregnant with Rory. So I've either been pregnant or nursing for over FOUR years now! I already feel a huge difference in so many ways. Life is good :)

7 comments:

lrbodine said...

You are super women! I'm so impressed you were able to nurse Rory for so long. I was DONE at a year with Ellie. I hope you enjoy the "freedom".

Allie said...

Thats awesome that you nursed so long! The longest I've gone is 8 months I know I'm horrible.

Camille said...

Well, Spencer is almost 16 months, and while I did nurse him last night, I hadn't done it for several days before that. I think I'm totally done now. It is sad. Spencer was so surprised and eager when he realized I was going to nurse him. Poor boy. He loves the emotional side of nursing. It looks like they've been weaned at the same time.

Jamie said...

I found someone like me! Yeah, I nursed Dallin for 18 months and I am still nursing Claire. I love it too but I have met a lot of people that think its weird...so I keep it on the downlow.

Kristin and Kurt Bryant said...

Wow, I can imagine how you feel! Great job for getting a year out of her! Enjoy the freedom.

Nikki said...

Allie, you're not horrible! 8 months is a great achievement and you should be proud of that.

Heather said...

Yep, you are superwoman. That's all there is to say. I have been pregnant and nursing for four years too, but I've never made it that long with any of my girls. You are an amazing mom. We saw your husband and girls at the park the other night, they are SO cute :)

Kindness in words creates confidence.
Kindness in thinking creates profundity.
Kindness in giving creates love.
- Lao-Tse
Kindness in words creates confidence.
Kindness in thinking creates profundity.
Kindness in giving creates love.
- Lao-Tse