Paperbackswap.com -- If you have any books at all that you don't necessarily want to keep, then you can put them to good use by trading them for books you DO want via paperbackswap.com.
To start off, you have to list 10 books that you're willing to send off, and you will automatically receive 2 credits. Then, as people request your books, you pay for the postage and receive an additional credit for every book you mail out (and you can "buy" one book for one credit each). Because you're paying for postage, it's preferable to mail paperback as opposed to hardback. I just joined Paperback a few weeks ago, and I've already received quite a few books from my wish list. If there are books out there you'd rather own than the ones you currently DO own, check out this site. And don't forget to list me as the one who referred you! :) hee hee Or if you're in my family, list Mandy as the one who referred you since she's the one who got me into it. Oh, and you can also do this with DVD's... there's a separate section for that.
One more note: if you're going after newly-released, high-demand, popular books, just be aware that of course there will be a long waiting list for those (like Stephenie Meyer's "The Host" so I'm probably going to buy that so I can bring it to Nauvoo with me). I have received some fun George R. R. Martin, Angie Sage, Libba Bray, all of Diana Gabaldon (Jen), and much more. The books I've traded them for are old pregnancy books I will never need again (not cuz I won't get pregnant again but because I know it now), books I bought on a whim that turned out to be stupid (like "Wicked"), my baby sleep books (cuz I've got them all memorized), etc.
Happy Hunting!
Deca Durabolin
4 years ago
6 comments:
That is so great! Thanks for the info...I'm going to try it out. Also, The Host is only $14 at Costco...I would lend you my copy but it already has a waiting list of it's own!
Abuot how much is shipping usually?
Shipping is approx. $2.00. Often times it's around $1.87 (for smaller paperbacks) and sometimes it's all the way up to $2.90. I just received a HUGE paperback (one of those 1000-page Gabaldon books) and the postage my sender paid was $2.23. The website is really fun to use- you enter your books in by the barcode number, then the system knows exactly what book you have (paperback, hardcover, which release, etc.) so they know how much it weighs and tell you what the postage needs to be. Or you can just go to the post office and weigh it there and send it off.
I think at the post office you can get a discount "book rate" if you tell them it's a book that you're mailing-it might be worth checking it out.
Hi Nikki!
I dont know if you ever got that last email I sent?
Anyways - thanks for this tip! Im going to check it out.
You mentioned your sleep books... well I finally went to the library and got Healthy Sleep Habits Happy Child.... ohmygosh, its my new bible. Seriously - when you had told me about how helpful your books had been, I resolved to go get them for sure. But then when my baby came, I kept putting it off...with the excuse that I was too busy trying to get her to have good sleep habits to read a book about it.... Ha! Genius huh. But now Im just kicking myself as I think about the grief I couldve saved myself (and my baby!) Brianna is sleeping SO much better now... not perfect of course, we are working on longer naps and sleeping in longer than 5:45am. Im wondering if I should still go read Babywise. Our library here in Vernal has the updated version...but Im pretty sold on Healthy Sleep Habits Happy Child.... what do you think? (besides that I write ridiculously long post comments :)
You are the second friend to recommend this site, so I better get a move on and try it out! I didn't know they did it with DVD's too. Ooh, the possibilities!!
Post a Comment