Alex insists on changing back into her pajamas (or usually one of her princess nightgowns) for her naps. This gets old really fast. But I suppose she considers it part of her bedtime routine. Then we spend about five to ten minutes reading books, and ten more minutes agreeing that we'll read more after her nap. Then we say a prayer (because she likes her naptime routine to be the same as her bedtime routine).
I go back in to check on her after a few minutes so that she can show me how well she can pretend to sleep... I pretend I'm buying it.
It's so funny but I remember when I was a very little girl, trying to fool my mom into thinking I was sound asleep (I'd even concentrate really hard on breathing evenly and deeply ;). But she always knew and would sometimes call me on it. I remember being so astonished (and a little freaked out) and I asked her, "How can you tell?", to which she mysteriously responded, "Because I'm your mother." I already had to worry about those extra, hidden eyes in the back of her head, but realizing she also had this all-knowing, all-sensing power... that was beyond freaky. It tickles me that now I'll get to do that with my own daughters... maybe I'll even add in my best "Harry" voice (for those of you who aren't Kristin, that means slow, drawling, raspy, eerie, horrifyingly scary voice), "I knooow you're awaaaake!"
Just in case some of you can't tell, I'm totally kidding. Being a mom has totally made me a softy. I only give my children nightmares via accidental moments of complete retardom.
4 comments:
Nikki - what an adorable little girl! Mommyhood has made me a softy too - it's so hard to fight:) Thank you for your sweet words, you are forever the example to me! I am going to put you on my "sneek peek blogs" and watch everyone grow!
HI NIKKI!! I'm so glad for this whole blog thing so I can see what you've been up to! Your girls are adorable!! I cant believe everyone has babies... I dont feel any older than when we were in young womens together :)
I remember that voice! :) That's cute that she has such a naptime routine too.
I love that picture!
Post a Comment