Thursday, October 4, 2007

Happy Birthday to Rory, part II

We got Rory two presents for her birthday. The first was the ride on/ push toy, and this is the second: Fisher Price's Learning House. Rory AND Alex love this toy. I know this is a HUGE post with all the pictures but I just couldn't decide between these. The pictures tell about Rory's delight and awe much better than I could ever describe.This toy has two different modes: music time and learning time. And both modes have a million sounds/tunes/words to go with the million sound-activated gadgets and gismos.
They love playing peek-a-boo thru the windows. And below, this is Rory saying "oooooh" as she crawls thru the door.



These shapes come out and can be placed in the shape-sorter in the door.
This is Rory giving her Daddy one of her famous backwards hugs. You have to see it in person to realize that she really is cuddling and hugging backwards!
You can see Rory's hands are a blur because she's clapping with the music.
She loves to point these days... and SUCH a cute pointer finger she has!

Wow! We got them both looking thru at the same time! Oh, excuse me, Dave is correcting me... HE got them to look thru at the same time :D
Another approving "ooooooh!" from Rory.
After Rory played with her new toys, we got Pudding On the Rice and ate it while watching the newly-released new edition of "Jungle Book" downstairs in the theater. The girls loved it all and we had a very fun birthday celebration.

1 comment:

Camille said...

What a fun family you make. That looks like a great toy, too. I'm glad she had such a fun birthday. I miss those cute girls!

Kindness in words creates confidence.
Kindness in thinking creates profundity.
Kindness in giving creates love.
- Lao-Tse
Kindness in words creates confidence.
Kindness in thinking creates profundity.
Kindness in giving creates love.
- Lao-Tse