Sunday, October 7, 2007

The Last Session

Who else thought Douglas L. Callister sounded JUST like Clint Eastwood?! That was awesome. My favorite quote from his talk:

"We should be on our knees every morning and night, pleading with the Lord that we never lose our faith, our testimony, or our virtue. There only has to be one witness, but it must be yourself."

And I loved the way he worded the intro to his closing testimony: "I have a testimony and it urges to be expressed".

I LOVED Steven E. Snow's story of the boy who shared the one piece of butterscotch candy with all his friends, one delicious lick at a time.

And Dallin H. Oaks talk about good, better and best was wonderful. And I always love his subtle humor: "What your children really want for dinner... is YOU." And I appreciated his warning of over-scheduling children today.

No comments:

Kindness in words creates confidence.
Kindness in thinking creates profundity.
Kindness in giving creates love.
- Lao-Tse
Kindness in words creates confidence.
Kindness in thinking creates profundity.
Kindness in giving creates love.
- Lao-Tse