Two 13 year-old neighborhood girls who have 8 years Ballet experience have started a little kinder dance class that they hold in their basements every Saturday. Brooke babysat for us a couple times and she's the nicest and cutest girl. The other girl is in our new ward, Taylor Hartley, and she also couldn't be any cuter. They only charge $14 a month, and they're the perfect teachers for children this age. Alex LOVES them. I know at this age/stage that she would not ever cooperated with professional teachers. This way, she's getting some ballet experience and learning positions and terms and a little posture, and also getting the experience of what it's like to be in a class and listen to teachers. She had SO Much fun. This video is towards the end of class when they did a little "routine" for fun. Alex earned two stickers and she was so proud of them. This was the very first class and it was last Saturday, right after General Conference, and so they only had two little girls show up (Alex included). If any of you in the neighborhood are interested, let me know and I'll send you more info. I really hope these nice girls get more students :)
Deca Durabolin
4 years ago
5 comments:
you make me want to have a little girl that I can put into ballet. I enjoyed your conference highlights by the way. Thanks Nikki
They look like they had a good time and she's so cute! I thought about putting her in when I got the flyer, but the classes are kind of poopy times for us :(
Alex makes me laugh as she crouches down in an attempt to do as she's told. That looks like a great class for her. I'm glad those 13 year-old girls are teaching that. It looks really fun.
That is so fabulous! Alex is so cute too. I was never a dancer - but I hope to find some similar classes around here when Ellie is old enough. I want to expose her to dance and sports and music and then let her choose. :)
How fun! What a perfect dance class! I hope they keep it up. Those girls look so natural. Alex is as always so adorable!
Post a Comment