Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Kinda Random

Well, we finally got a piano. Dave did a lot of research to find just the right one and boy, did he ever find a doozie for a great price (he gets a discount thru the Church). We've all been having so much fun with it. Dave still plays beautifully, even though he's been out of practice for years. It's wonderful to hear him play. It brings such a wonderful feeling to our home. .. and it reminds me of how wonderful it was growing up in a home with my mother playing the piano all the time, filling the house with the most beautiful music and Spirit. Some of my favorite memories are waking up on a Saturday morning to the sound of my mother's piano music floating through the house. THAT was an awesome way to wake up. I can still play well enough to sight read a little from the fun Disney piano song book we just bought... sometimes it's slow-going, but still very fun. Alex has a great time singing and dancing along. Rory dances and bounces on her knees and claps in time with the rhythm. They both show a lot of promise in music. Here's Alex playing and singing on Rory's toy piano... and of course Rory's leading.
These are the new korker hair bows I've started making. They take a long time, but are so much fun.
I love the way they play together. Mandy, you were right, watching your own kids play together is the most fun thing in the world.
I just love this picture.

7 comments:

Camille said...

I love watching them play together too! I wish Spencer could be in on it. They are such sweet, wonderful girls!

Camille said...

Wait, I don't even recognize your house. Did you completely redecorate? It looks great and I LOVE the piano. I wish my kids could have the benefit of parents who could play so beautifully like Dave and Mom.

Nikki said...

We redecorated the Piano room, and organized the rest of the house really well. It's a wondertoyland for the kids EXCEPT for the piano room where no toys are allowed. So no toys, but the girls are allowed in there all they want... and Alex frequently goes in to play on the piano (she never bangs, but plays pretty little ditties).

De Leo Family said...

Beautiful Piano! I am so happy for you! You guys have needed that. Having music in the home is such a blessing.

I love the hair bows! Will you teach me how to make them? I want to see my girls with huge frilly bows like your darling Alex has.

I loved hearing Alex playing the piano last time I talked to you. So sweet.

Do we get to see new pictures of your reorganized and piano pretty home?

Love the piano!

Anonymous said...

I love all the pictures. I really enjoy the hair bows. Those are adorable and so spunky. I agree with the watching kid thing. I don't have my own of course, but I loved watching my brother and sister interact. Its wonderful that your girls have a good relationship. That will be a blessing in the future.

Megan B said...

Congrats! A piano, how awesome! And major kudos on those hilariously spunky hairbows!

lrbodine said...

First off - I LOVE your piano!! I've made Rob promise me that one day he will buy me a baby grand piano. For now I have to be content with the upright piano that I inherited!

And how did you make those bows? I took a bow making class but they didn't teach us those! Maybe I would be better at those type . .

Kindness in words creates confidence.
Kindness in thinking creates profundity.
Kindness in giving creates love.
- Lao-Tse
Kindness in words creates confidence.
Kindness in thinking creates profundity.
Kindness in giving creates love.
- Lao-Tse