Saturday, November 21, 2009

One more week till we get Rockwell!

Here's our Rockwell a few weeks ago, weighing in at 5 pounds 1 oz.

Here's a picture of his papa, Charlie, weighing in at 210 pounds

Sandy and Bill, the amazing breeders, were sweet enough to send more pictures of Rockwell and his littermates. Here's Rockwell at his vet visit yesterday, at 8 weeks old and weighing in at 16 pounds. See how he's looking at the vet? So sweet, submissive and intelligent for an 8-week old! All the puppies in this litter are ADORABLE and all have wonderful personalities, I'm sure of it... but Rockwell already holds a very dear place in our hearts. Does that sound sappy? I can't help it. We love him! Though rest assured, we will be nurturing him with a Calm, assertive pack leader's energy levels... or at least we'll try our hardest!
Because of snow storms in Nevada today (and Utah), I couldn't go pick Rockwell up today. I've been trying not to fall into a miserable state. We get to go get him next Saturday, after Thanksgiving. On the bright side, this means we'll all be able to go as a family and get him together. Which I know is much more beneficial.

5 comments:

Carrie said...

This is very exciting Nikki! I know you have been working for this for a while now. I am so happy for you and look forward to meeting Rockwell!

Camille said...

Yaaay! I bet the waiting is killing you. I had to wait a few days before getting either of our dogs and it was a killer! He looks well worth the wait, however.

Megan B ♥ said...

Love the new look of the blog and I'm so excited for you go get your new horse, oops, I mean dog next weekend!! Kinley will be SO thrilled!

Camille said...

How's it going with puppy training? Is Rockwell happy or missing his siblings? Can't wait to see more!

Susan said...

Oh my goodness - 210 lbs! I thought our dog was large at 85! You are going to love him. I love that you're an animal family like us!

Kindness in words creates confidence.
Kindness in thinking creates profundity.
Kindness in giving creates love.
- Lao-Tse
Kindness in words creates confidence.
Kindness in thinking creates profundity.
Kindness in giving creates love.
- Lao-Tse