The Mud Pots were by far and wide the girls' most favorite part of Yellowstone. The steam comes out of these caves in puffs. First you hear a low rumbling and then a hiss as it all comes out like this. the girls said that this is where the dragon lives. We had to come back three times, they were so enthralled with it.
I opened our RV door to take this as he sauntered on by.
The girls are hard at work completing their Junior Ranger booklets.
In one of the stores, the kind older gentleman told Rory to hop on and take this bear cub for a ride. She was happy to oblige.
Can you imagine the surprise of Yellowstone's early explorers to see this canyon full of waterfalls and rivers? In our booklet about the Canyon's Edge it tells a story from 1869 when some men were exploring the nearby forest on horseback. They didn't even know that the canyon was here. Suddenly their horses stopped. The men looked out to find that they stood at the canyon's edge. One of the men wrote that five minutes passed before anyone could speak. I wonder what they said... "uuuuh... is this supposed to be here?"


6 comments:
It looks amazing! We were going to go in October but it was raining/snowing the entire time so we headed to San Diego. Next year we are going for sure! I am a little jealous when I see all of your great pics!
What a beautiful place! And I am dying at how gorgeous you are Nikki! And I love your family pictures there too- all good, very good!
This has to go for all the posts I just read. Wow, wow, wow!
Oh my goodness! I have always wanted to go to Yellowstone and now I REALLY want to go. You are so brave/rebellious to get all those pictures. You captured the beauty of Yellowstone wonderfully! I am glad that you guys were able to go and enjoy some good family time. You and your family all look so happy!
I LOVE that last pic of you and your girls: and By the way- I really liked your talk Sunday:)
Wow, I didn't know buffalo are so HUGE! Amazing. And I agree with the others - you and your fam look so gorgeous and happy.
Post a Comment