Saturday, November 14, 2009

Yellowstone Day 2, Part 3: I am an eeeediot

okay, so we wondered why all the cars were stopped and then I spotted this guy. Dave could only stall the RV for a little while... then he had to drive off without me and try to find a place to turn around and come back for me... and hope I wasn't dumb enough to get myself killed.


Um, why again do they feel the need to warn people not to approach wildlife? It's beyond me.


3 comments:

Lee-Ann and James Miller said...

James and I weren't too bright either when we did the same thing and wandered off to see what everyone was looking for. We found it.... a bear! I was so scared and tripped a few times on those fallen trees while trying to run back to the car alive.

Nikki said...

Lee-Ann, you are much smarter than I am because you ran away. I stayed, trying to balance on those trees and taking as many pictures as I could. I'd like to think I would have ran if it had been a bear... but something tells me I'm not that bright.

Susan said...

Nikki, the photos are beautiful and familiar but it's been a while since I have been there. We are planning a summer trip there! What a great experience for your girls. I love the buffalo/bison outside your RV! Unfortunately, we will be tenting it!

Kindness in words creates confidence.
Kindness in thinking creates profundity.
Kindness in giving creates love.
- Lao-Tse
Kindness in words creates confidence.
Kindness in thinking creates profundity.
Kindness in giving creates love.
- Lao-Tse