In September we loaded up the RV again and headed up to Jackson Hole, WY. We love it there. So much to do outdoors: water rafting, hiking, horse-back riding, wagon rides... for my birthday one year we went up and had a cowboy experience... we rode in covered, horse-drawn wagons up to a fun outdoor buffet place where we were entertained with a live cowboy show. At one point, to my complete surprise and dismay, the bad cowboy who had just burst into the party came over to my table, bodily flung me over his shoulder and ran with me to his horse like he was going to throw me over his saddle like a bag of potatoes. I've never admired the "ladies in distress" in any story... I've always thought to myself, "What a little pansie... why doesn't she kick, punch and bite or do whatever it takes?" Well, I found out why... there was no way I could bite anything but shirt, my knees wouldn't bend backward, and I wasn't ABOUT to hit the only thing in my reach, as I thought that might only make him grin. Anyway, it was all part of the show, and he finally put me down... at this point it was all I could do to not jump on his horse and run away to hide my humiliation. But after I got over it, it was kinda funny... more so for my husband, but ya know, whatever. So here we are a few years later with our two pixies with us... don't they just have him wrapped around their little fingers?
Our main purpose for coming this time was to visit a client of Dave's and see the show he did the music for: Grease. It's a dinner theatre... western style. We had sasparilla in frozen mugs, along with a very yummy dinner. The decor was really fun, for instance they had saddles for the stools up at the bar. The actors had done a western shoot-out just a couple hours before, and they were our servers inside. We really loved this theatre.
The main square in Jackson Hole has these beautiful antlers (collected from the ground, not sacrificed) on each of the four corners.

okay, this is out of order, but back at the theatre, during intermission, they had the actors bring the concessions right out onto the stage. The actors stayed in character as they sold. This guy was the big nerd and extremely pushy... everyone got a huge kick out of it.

1 comment:
Looks like you had a great trip! You got some AMAZING pictures!!! Love the new one as your header. I love Yellowstone!! I haven't been forever, but when we went, we also went to Jackson and went to this dinner theater...Fiddler on the Roof! Glad you had a great time!
Post a Comment