Friday, March 28, 2008

Easter, Part II of III (Saturday)

Saturday morning, we were planning on attending the Church Easter activities. We arrived at 11:00am, as our little flyer read. But we, and a couple other confused families, were the only ones there. We then found out that it had been changed to 1:00pm. We knew the girls, especially Rory, would be tired by then, and we had planned our whole day already. So we took the girls to I-Hop to enjoy the funnest Dr. Seuss breakfast ever, complete with green eggs and ham.


The girls were delighted with the lollipop sticking out the top of the mound of pancakes.
In fact, they couldn't see anything else until they had a taste of it!
This is me trying to take the lollipop away... Rory's face says it all. Her jaw clenched tight and her eyes warning me, I decided it would be better to have a fun day ;)
Reasonable Alex waited for her lollipop. And why not? The pancakes were pure sugar!
Rory took pancake bites in between lollipop licks.

Afterwards we drove up to Sandy to visit the Living Earth Aquarium. We were very impressed. They even had a live forest creatures show. The girls got to see tarantulas, giant cockroaches, beautiful parrots, and much more. They're going to put a HUGE Aquarium up in SL at the Gate Center. It's a long way to drive, but I think it will be worth it.

Beautiful jelly fish. I wish we had a nicer camera so we could have captured the beauty of these jellyfish. Breathtaking.

The manta rays were really fun to visit. Alex didn't want to touch them, but loved how they waved "hello" with their wings as they swam by.




I convinced a foot-dragging husband that we needed to go to the mall to get the girls a drink ;) He has childhood mall trauma... I'm working with him on that (lol). On one of the mall trips as a small child, his mother brought him with her, he started to scream and cry. She asked him what was wrong and he yelled, "I'm going to tell Daddy you're being MEAN to me!" She asked, "What am I doing to you?" And he said, "You're taking me to the MALL!!!"

The girls sharing a drink before Dave's sully mood chased us from the mall. Poor man, it was just too much for him. :)

8 comments:

lrbodine said...

I love that picture of Rory clenching onto the sucker. What a cute display of pancakes! Is that all the time or just a spring thing?

And that aquarium looks like so much fun.

Julia said...

What a fun day! I'm totally going to IHOP next year! And I have to say it again... your girls are adorable!!

Allie said...

Looks like fun!! I'll have to take my kids to Ihop next year I had no idea they did that!

Nikki said...

Oh, I don't know if this breakfast is an Easter thing. I think they're doing it right now because the movie "Horton Hears a Who" just came out. I think it's still going on right now.

Megan B ♥ said...

What an absolutely fantastic day! I love how cute those pancakes are, and I haven't even HEARD of this place in Sandy! Looks amazing and we're totally doing it!

oodlesofoversons said...

It looks like you had such a great time! I have never heard of that aquarium, but it looks like you just gave us an activity to do over spring break! Thanks!

David A. Miller said...

I'm with Dave on this one

De Leo Family said...

What a fun day! Dave's mallaphobia is so funny. Your new blog design is incredibly gorgeous! I am in awe!

Kindness in words creates confidence.
Kindness in thinking creates profundity.
Kindness in giving creates love.
- Lao-Tse
Kindness in words creates confidence.
Kindness in thinking creates profundity.
Kindness in giving creates love.
- Lao-Tse