Saturday, March 1, 2008

Bedtime Negotiations

Alex (sweetly): Mommy, can I bring Patriot to bed with me?
Me: No, sweetie. Patriot needs to sleep in his stable where he can stand.
Alex: Please, Mommy?
Me: No.
Alex (sweetly and in her high-pitched, soft voice): Mommy, I don't want you to get hurt, okay? Patriot sleep wif me and you don't get hurt.

What the?

12 comments:

Jen Lynn said...

That's a good one!

Megan B said...

OH my land! Ha ha ha! I'm dying! How well did YOU sleep last night ;) One eye open? :)

Camille said...

Hilarious! To think of her deciding you needed to be hurt if you didn't comply!

mindy said...

Now that is hilarious!!

Rebecca said...

oh wow! That is sooo funny! I laughed so hard! Thanks!

lrbodine said...

So funny - where did she come up with that?! I love kids.

Nikki said...

I don't know how she came up with that... it was a complete shock. Her mind works in interesting ways.

Bethany C. said...

Way too funny! Love your digiscrapping! I really should get into it. By the way, I saw you commented on Megan's blog about 2 recipes you had? For beef stroganoff and rice pudding? I'd love a copy of those if you get a chance! I love stroganoff and have tried several recipes that are not keepers. Will you share your secret recipe with me? :)

Julia said...

What a character you have! That's so funny!

K+C=M+K said...

Nikki! It's Chelsea Weber (now Schilling) from San Clemente! I am just cracking up at how many of you old girls I have found tonight while blogging! You look great! Life look great! Your girls are beautiful and how fun to see you!

oodlesofoversons said...

Thanks for giving me a good laugh!

Megan B said...

I cannot tell a lie. I had to come back just to read this post again. It still has me in stitches!!

Kindness in words creates confidence.
Kindness in thinking creates profundity.
Kindness in giving creates love.
- Lao-Tse
Kindness in words creates confidence.
Kindness in thinking creates profundity.
Kindness in giving creates love.
- Lao-Tse