Monday, March 31, 2008

Easter, Final Part III (Sunday)

  
Over at Grandma and Grandpa McDougal's house for Easter Sunday feast.
They set up a fun easter egg hunt in their backyard for the girls before dinner.  Thanks Grandma and Grandpa!




Grandma helping Alex find a few well-hidden eggs.





Rory had to jump a few times on the tramp before we went inside for dinner.
Rory is mezmerized by this barking, jumping, batterized puppy.  She plays with him every time we go over.

every time he flips, Rory jumps and then "oooooh"s.
Alex loves this beautiful wooden rocking horse.  She must be fantasizing about riding a real horse through a beautiful green meadow.  Knowing her, she'd be in a dress and barefoot just like this, too :)
The girls love their daddy and pepper him with kisses all the time.  They get lots in return.  We're very kissy in this family :)


The way Rory puckers up is HILARIOUS.  She makes a fish face, she puckers so hard.
When Daddy leaves for work and before bedtime, you can hear a long smoochy noise as she approaches him expectantly.
I have never enjoyed an Easter so much as this one.  What a wonderful time of the year!  I don't think we even got around to the "easter bunny" and Alex probably hasn't even heard of him.  We didn't do that on purpose, we just forgot because of everything we talked about.  We did have some very fun easter egg hunts, and I once briefly explained to her that the eggs represent Jesus being resurrected and coming out of the tomb.  But the focus of Easter, and why it was so special this year, was because of what happened when Dave and I started to really explain Easter to Alex.  She loves hearing about Jesus, but this was the first time we told her about the crucifixion.  As we told her about it, I was absolutely amazed at how much of it seh seemed to understand.  I shouldn't have waited so long to tell her about it.  We've always talked about Jesus and that He atoned for our sins and made it possible for us to return to Heavenly Father... but I always thought the details of how he did that would be too much for a child of her age.  I was wrong.  The Spirit was so strong while we taught her and her demeanor was so reverent and receptive as she asked questions... no, she didn't ask questions... I realize as I write that she RESTATED in clearer terms what we were trying to tell her.  This child never ceases to amaze me.  I continue to underestimate her, not because I expect less, but because my imagination can't reach that far.

Being a mother is mind-boggling and I love it.
 

9 comments:

Megan B ♥ said...

#1 -- THat matching binky in Rory's mouth is a nice touch :)

#2 -- I LOVE that Alex full on SMILED for you for these! :)

Honestly, aren't kids amazing?? I learn new things about the gospel from Kinley's mouth all the time. One of the hidden treasures of being a Mom.

Nikki said...

Oh yeah, she smiles a ton if the pictures are candid... but if posing and "smile" are involved, it's all over.

Jamie said...

Your blog is so cute!!! Just like your kids. I dropped your tupperwear of at your house with a treat. Thank you so much you chicken was amazing. How did you get it so tender?

Heather said...

So cute. I lovethe new blog look. I love their dresses too... adorable girls. Happy Easter!!

The McEwans said...

Your blog is beautiful! You are really talented. Your girls are so gorgeous, and you dress them so dang cute. I love the picture of them in their little sunglasses. You were made to mother girls, for sure! You have such a cute family, and I love looking at all your pictures and reading all the adorable things the girls do! Hope you are doing great!!!

De Leo Family said...

What an incredible blessing children are! Thank you for sharing that special moment of Alex's testimony.

Your Easter pictures are so much fun!

I love your blog header. The picture of you and Dave is an excellent addition.

Megan B ♥ said...

HOW did you get the background to to ALL the way out to the sides! Love the torn edges!!

Bethany C. said...

Darling girls. Darling, darling girls. Makes me want a girl. :)

Angela said...

LOVE your girl's Easter dresses! They both look beautiful! What a sweet story about Alex!

Kindness in words creates confidence.
Kindness in thinking creates profundity.
Kindness in giving creates love.
- Lao-Tse
Kindness in words creates confidence.
Kindness in thinking creates profundity.
Kindness in giving creates love.
- Lao-Tse