I just came from the Bicentennial Park meeting where we met to give our input on what we would like the city to do with our park. Lots of people are talking about tennis courts, a few mentioned the possibility of water fountains (that shoot up from the ground for children to play in during the summertime) and ball fields (probably soccer and softball). I desperately want tennis courts , and I loved the water fountain idea. I took some surveys home with me so if any of you weren't able to attend, I have permission to give you a survey to fill out. You can then deliver it to Denise' house... I can't remember her last name, but Amy McClean knows it. If you have strong feelings about the improvements of Bicentennial Park, please come get a survey form! I'll get better details about Denise' location (but I think she's two houses North of Spring Creek Elementary).
Deca Durabolin
4 years ago
3 comments:
Denise Bonnett, I think her name is. Sorry I missed the meeting -- Justin is working late these days and it completely slipped my mind. I did get your message -- sounds like the DOG PARK idea was squashed, thank goodness! I'm up for anything family-friendly and all those ideas you listed sound fabulous! We campaigned long and hard back in 2004 to get that playground equipment and to get the city to give up their hopes to develop the park into further high density housing. I'm hopeful that they will finally put the money and attention toward the park to fully maximize its enormous possibilities! This is sounding so promising!
Oh, I want one. Forgot about the meeting.
Don't live up there but I vote for the fountains. They are becoming HUGE down here. I think I need one in my backyard. :)
Post a Comment