Saturday, May 19, 2007

The perm


Thanks for everyone's input. I decided to go with the majority and told my hairstylist that I wanted the bottom style. She seemed confident that she could give me that look. But it turned out to be a disaster. The whole thing took forever and it was all very painful. She said that I had a lot more hair than she had originally thought and that's why it was taking so much longer. So if I have all this hair, like she says, then why don't I have the body like in the picture? The perm solution burned my scalp and my neck and we didn't realize just how bad 'till after she started to wash the solution out and my skin started to bleed. I took this picture two days after the perm so it doesn't look nearly as bad as it used to. It feels (to touch and in pain) worse than it looks. After all that, the perm didn't even take. There were huge chunks of my hair that stayed straight. So she permed my hair again, focusing on the parts that didn't take. It still doesn't look very good and the body is nowhere near what the picture shows. I'm going to try to fix my hair before I take any pictures of it. If I can fix it, I'll put a picture up on this page.

3 comments:

De Leo Family said...

You poor thing! What a nightmare! That looks so miserable! If your perm isn't what you hoped, I bet that at least your hair will hold curl really well now. (I hope.) Try sponge curlers later and see if you turn into Annie! So sorry you got burned for not enough good. =(

lrbodine said...

I'm so sorry! We need to find you a new hair stylist.

Nikki said...

Yeah, I need a good hair stylist. Know of anyone in my area? :)

Kindness in words creates confidence.
Kindness in thinking creates profundity.
Kindness in giving creates love.
- Lao-Tse
Kindness in words creates confidence.
Kindness in thinking creates profundity.
Kindness in giving creates love.
- Lao-Tse