Monday, May 21, 2007

Crazy Magic Box Lady

Well it's time I declared Rory's new-found health. I've been a little reluctant to share the details because it will probably sound pretty quacky to most of you... it still sounds that way to me. All I know is that I tried everything else first and this is the only thing that works. Actually, it has not only worked but it has proven to be a 100% cure. We heard some pretty amazing stories about this homeopathic professional in Orem from Dave's mom. She uses electrodermal screening to aid in prescribing homeopathic remedies. Because of this bizarre-looking method, I've come to refer to her as the "crazy magic box lady". Frankly, I felt so stupid for even being there as she probed the meridian points on MY fingers to test Rory's food sensitivities. Don't ask. But I had spent all that money and was determined to give this an honest and complete try before giving up. Crazy magic box lady told me that Rory was allergic to sugars and citric acid so I had to take fruits out of her diet and she was food sensitive to things I was eating that went into my milk. So I had to take chocolate, cheese, milk, garlic, onions and whole wheat out of my own diet. The diet changes along with the digestive enzyme supplements, acidopholus, some weird liquid concoction that was supposed to "cure" Rory's food allergies by rubbing a drop of it on her skin and a few other digestive aids, and 48 hours later, Rory had a COMPLETE turn-around! I mean, she was cured!
No more screaming in pain, but cooing and kicking happily. No more staying up 'till 1:00 in the morning, but she immediately adapted herself to an 8:00pm bedtime and an 8:00am wake-time in the morning! Furthermore, she put herself on a nap routine: first nap at 10:30am and the second at 2:00pm, each lasting 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours long! Whereas before, her longest nap was probably 30 minutes, if we were lucky.
She's gained weight and looks so much healthier and happy! We're all so much happier. Oh! AND I've been able to reduce her Prevacid dosage by HALF!!! So Crazy Magic Box Lady has become something of a hero for our family, excuse me, Julie Davis, and we feel so blessed! And now that I'm not a walking zombie, I take the girls outside in between naps... we actually get to go outside!!!

I realized it had been much too long since our last outdoor adventure when, as we stepped outside, Alex hissed at the sun and moaned something about her eyes. But we're getting used to it and we're all feeling so much healthier and can't contain this HAPPY FEELIN'!

5 comments:

De Leo Family said...

What a miracle. I am so grateful. Heavenly Father sends us blessings in many ways. I am just so excited about Magic Box Lady. I love her! I was so worried about Rory and her pain.

Yeaaaahhh!

De Leo Family said...

Nikki, your hair looks absolutely gorgeous! I love those curls! Is it any better now? Do you like it? Are you still burned? You look so thin and beautiful. I bet sleep helps too. So glad things are looking up! =)

Nikki said...

Thanks, Mandy! But the curl didn't stick, even after she permed it TWICE. So I've just been wearing it up in a bun every day and that doesn't look so bad.

lrbodine said...

I'm glad it worked! We have some really good friends in Utah that the husband is a homeopathic doctor that just opened up his own practice. He uses natural and man made medicine together and mainly focuses on children. If you ever need him - let me know. I would highly recommend him!

Rebecca said...

What great news! Thanks for sharing! You look fabulous!!!

Kindness in words creates confidence.
Kindness in thinking creates profundity.
Kindness in giving creates love.
- Lao-Tse
Kindness in words creates confidence.
Kindness in thinking creates profundity.
Kindness in giving creates love.
- Lao-Tse