Here is a baby at 15 weeks, same as my baby. My baby is probably 4 inches long now. There is a lot of speculation about when baby's movements can be felt by mother, but as I'm finding with most medical conclusions, they know just enough to confidently misdiagnose everything, so I don't give much weight, if any, to most of their opinions. The Spirit has time and again told me what I really need to know.
I know a lot about my baby already. Just you wait to meet a super sweet cuddler. I also felt the baby move for the first time the night before last. I was quietly lying down at the time. It was a very exciting and spiritual moment and there was no denying that it was my baby.

This is not what my baby looks like- this is just about the developmental stage my baby is in.
Today Dave stayed home from work because I have a really sore throat and I'm sick with some virus. The girls were so excited he was staying home! They've been having a lot of fun. We also got about ten inches of snow last night and it hasn't let up so driving would have been very dangerous today anyway. I'm at that stage (I hope it's just a passing stage) where I'm famished all the time but can't eat because nothing sounds good. I'm eating things like veggies and porridge but it doesn't fill me up. Poor Dave is trying so hard I hope I don't drive him insane with my repeated refusals of food. But a few days ago I forced myself to eat some chicken to get something with more calories, and it tasted like rotting olives and bird poop (don't ask me how I know what those taste like but it did!). Needless to say the couple
Forced mouthfuls did not stay down.
Despite the food issue, I have been feeling great. Not right now cuz I have a sore throat, but I've had energy and level, happy moods. The girls have been so happy. I can let them play in the backyard and listen to them squeal the whole time they're out there. I read to them a lot (The Hobbit and Witches- depending on their mood) and other children's books. We LOVE Eugene Field.
Some exciting things are happening with Dave's work. It's like a whirl wind of possibilities, but it can be hard for me to think about now. I find it overwhelming, to say the least. But it has to do with this new technology that Dave's friend and another good associate dreamed up together and created together: a way to control midi sound in real time. So theatres can conduct the soundtrack that Dave makes in real time. Everyone thought this was absolutely impossible. It was a dream everyone in the theatre world had but never thought could be possible and Dave's friends have successfully created it and are bringing Dave in as their partner to create all the soundtracks. In one of their meetings, I recorded Mike conducting a midi soundtrack. You might think he's following the music, but he's not. I got to try it too. You can hold the music at any time (as if the musicians were really holding out the note- and it sounds just as real), and completely control tempo, even volume. What's more, the system can control lighting and special
effects too.
Our kitties are so much nicer since getting spayed. Rory said to me the other day, "my kitty loves me cuz she got spayed" as she smothered her kitty with a bear hug. I love that our sweet kitties are back. If your pet seems to have lost his/her darling personality, get it fixed!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
No comments:
Post a Comment