Monday, February 21, 2011

Have a peek at our little Sweetie

Today Dave met the girls and I at the doctor's office for an ultrasound. Because of irregularities, the dr wanted to get a more accurate due date. We all thought I was about ten weeks along, but after the tech did several measurements, she said that we actually have a healthy baby at 14 weeks and two days. That explains a lot, like when I knew I was pregnant and my stupid old doctors office insisted I wasn't. I knew they were wrong and insisted on a blood test. After a few phone calls from them rudely stating that I was not pregnant, I finally believed them and was devastated because I knew I had been pregnant, which meant I had also miscarried. So now we have photos of my baby, proving that they were wrong and the little sweetie was so active and arms were moving everywhere, and hands and arms often caressing the face. We saw the heart beating and when we got to listen to the heart beat, it was so exciting! The girls were thrilled and I could tell they tucked away every detail into their memories. Early this morning Rory was squealing in excitement, "Today is an exciting day! We get to see our baby!!!"

You might be wondering how I could be so far off on my due date. Well, when there are such drastic irregularities and you've been sick for a very long time AND you've had a doctor tell you condescendingly that you are NOT pregnant with proof of urine AND blood tests (I personally think they are so incompetent that they gave me someone else's test results), it's very understandable that my due date was an entire month off.

Here's our little darling. You can't see the limbs very well. But legs are folded up close to body. The arms are long enough that the forearm could caress the side of the face with ease (and did several times). The other hand lingered at the mouth quite a bit.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Kristin and Kurt Bryant said...

So darn exciting! I have to get ultrasounds every few days right now and instead of seeing the whole baby, all the tech says is, "foot", "hand", "chin", "knee". It's a lot more fun when you can see the whole baby at one time. Congrats! And I'd much quicker believe your intuition than a condescending doctor who can get things wrong!!!!

Kindness in words creates confidence.
Kindness in thinking creates profundity.
Kindness in giving creates love.
- Lao-Tse
Kindness in words creates confidence.
Kindness in thinking creates profundity.
Kindness in giving creates love.
- Lao-Tse