I decided not to take Alex to school today. We played hooky instead and made the most out of it. First we stopped at the library to get a new audio book. We miss Delaney's "Last Apprentice" series and the audio for those books is excellent-- but Alex was having nightmares so we put the series on hold for a bit. We picked Gregor Ollivander on audio. Worst audio and narrator ever! It's some flamboyant gay guy from the Bronx who pauses in-between every blasted word. And the sound quality really is horrendous.
We drove up to the Gateway in SLC. We had a great time but I certainly realized that SL is not the most ideal hangout to be sure. Professional homeless stand at every single corner, even in the Gateway mall complex. It's just a crummy atmosphere. But the girls and I made the most out of it. We first went to the Clark Planetarium and I had so much fun following my ecstatic girls around. They were thrilled.

We got some hot choc at the Choc Factory and then went to the Discovery children's museum. The girls loved it and it was good to see once but I can't imagine it being worth a second trip. They had a house complete with kitchen, dining and living room. The grocery store was neat.

Rory's fav was the farm; specifically this horse.

Construction was cool



The horse was Alex' favorite too.


We ate lunch together and walked around Gateway till we could barely move anymore. We are finally home and I'm so glad to be in my soft couch. I think we could all go to sleep now.
No comments:
Post a Comment