Saturday, June 6, 2009

Our Herb Garden in a Pot

During Rory's nap, Alex and I planted our herb garden.  Looking back, I wish I would have waited for Rory to join us in the fun, but I was worried I wouldn't get another chance.

Alex was very careful with the plants.  Here she's planting Parsley.
Then she put in the Basil, and this picture shows her planting our white edible flowers (for our salads).

Our herb garden includes basil, cilantro, parsley, edible flowers (white, pink and yellow), lavender, thyme, and macho nacho peppers (tastes like jalapenos but milder).  Alex is extremely proud of her very first garden.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

That is such a great idea to put them all in a big pot!

oodlesofoversons said...

What a cute little gardener!

Julia said...

I'm inspired. :) I'm going to do one.

Andrea, Mrs. said...

Shoots! I'm proud of it too! I would love a little garden like that.

Kindness in words creates confidence.
Kindness in thinking creates profundity.
Kindness in giving creates love.
- Lao-Tse
Kindness in words creates confidence.
Kindness in thinking creates profundity.
Kindness in giving creates love.
- Lao-Tse