Friday, June 12, 2009

Bedtime?

My little monkey can easily climb in and out of her crib now and as you can see, is quite enjoying her newfound freedoms.  She has always loved her bed/crib and has never had sleeping issues, but now, more than ever, she is excited for bedtime because it has become one of the funnest parts of the day.  If I don't check on her repeatedly during the first 15 minutes after putting her down, I'll come to get her at the end of her nap and find this...
and this
or in the middle of the night, I'll wake up to check on her and find her lights blazing and she cuddled up with a book... already a bookworm at age 2. This book, apparently, was just too riveting to put down.

I sure do love this crazy monkey.

4 comments:

lrbodine said...

Love it! Ellie falls asleep most nights lately with her lights on and a book wide open. It's a cute sight!

chelsea mckell said...

Love it! So cute.
Though it does make me even more nervous about transitioning Brianna from her crib to a toddler bed!

Megan B ♥ said...

Awwwww.... learning young! Books rock, Rory!

Susan said...

That is precious. I love the photo of her asleep with a book!

Kindness in words creates confidence.
Kindness in thinking creates profundity.
Kindness in giving creates love.
- Lao-Tse
Kindness in words creates confidence.
Kindness in thinking creates profundity.
Kindness in giving creates love.
- Lao-Tse