Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Breaking Dawn

I don't hate Bella anymore.  She redeemed herself in my eyes.  I think I did love this book.  It's interesting to me that I could love a book so much without loving the characters just as much.  I mean, Edward and Bella are fine, but I don't love their characters- in fact, sometimes they outright bore me.  What I love about the book are the details of the storyline and setup.  I'm fascinated that Meyer came up with what I find to be such new ideas!  That alone makes reading this book a treat.  Meyer made the world sufficiently believable for me.  I'm giving it four stars.

5 comments:

Shanna said...

I can't WAIT to read it!! I've had NO time lately and I'm going after work to buy it for myself - along with Book 3 for Kristin, who is in town and flew through the first 2 on her way out here! So, when I see her for dinner tonight - she'll get Book 3 as well. Hooray!!! I'm so glad you liked it and you don't hate Bella anymore. I'm sooo curious to find out for myself...

Allie said...

I loved it!! The story was so much fun to read I couldn't put it down. I still love Edwards character!

K+C=M+K said...

I agree with you on the characters of Bella and Edward boring you- to be honest, I read the books and they really didn't do a whole lot for me! I know I am going to be getting some evil eyes for saying it, but I just thought I'd share;) YOU however are anything but boring, and it looks like your trip to Hawaii was awesome! How fun and your girls- ah, too cute for words!

oodlesofoversons said...

Glad you finished it. I hope you read my comments about it on Goodreads!

chelsea mckell said...

This post reaffirms my commitment not to even pick up these books. I tend to have a very addictive personality, so I fear that once I start the first, I wont be able to do ANYTHING til I have devoured the whole series. Im thinking I shouldnt even go see the movie when it comes out, as it may instigate a chain reaction of craving more and more...

:)

Kindness in words creates confidence.
Kindness in thinking creates profundity.
Kindness in giving creates love.
- Lao-Tse
Kindness in words creates confidence.
Kindness in thinking creates profundity.
Kindness in giving creates love.
- Lao-Tse