Thursday, July 31, 2008

You Very Love Me

Alex has been getting really bad stomach aches for the past couple days.  Nights are worse.  I hate being this far away from Julie Davis and her crazy magic box.  I've taken Alex to a doctor here, but of course they have no idea what to do to make her stomach better.


A couple nights ago, Alex wouldn't stop crying.  I was out of bed so often, I finally decided I should just stay in bed with her.  As soon as she realized I was going to sleep with her, she cuddled up to me and seemed to relax a bit more (though she still had cringes of pain every now and then).  She seemed so grateful to have that extra comfort.  Just before falling asleep she said, "Mommy, you very love me."   She woke me up in the morning with happy giggles and words of gratitude like, "Taintyou for getting my tummy all better." and "I love you, Mommy".

10 comments:

Megan B ♥ said...

Awwwwwwww, that is so sweet! Kinley always gets mystery stomach aches at night. In her case, I don't think they really exist, so I don't have any advice for a child who is in actual pain :)

Dan & Stacy said...

Nikki that is such a cute story! I can't wait till Carter can talk.

chelsea mckell said...

awww.... so sweet! I bet that just made her little heart jump for joy when she realized you were joining her.

I can pretty much just repeat exactly what Stacy said... such a cute story, and I cant wait til Brianna can talk too!

Stacey said...

My only advice is to think about how her intenstines are doing. Is she having enough fresh foods to help push things through? Constipation is pretty yucky. A little prune juice can go a long way.

Carrie said...

Alex is so tender! We miss her in primary. Such a sweetie.

oodlesofoversons said...

That is a great story! I hope she feels better soon...If it becomes really painful and she gets lethargic, it may be her appendix, so just be aware. I hope it's nothing like that, but it's always good to have a heads up! Good luck.

Heather said...

Oh my gosh, those are words you will be crying over when she leaves home someday. Glad to see you guys are having a good trip!

Brooke said...

Sweet!!!

Yin said...

oh aren't those heartfelt words from our children the sweetest and most precious we'll ever hear? Hope she is better now.

I've been busy and just came by and you've got so much up! Wow, wow, wow! That's exactly what I said when I saw the layouts, and my kids are sitting by me can vouch for it! :) Always love how you use those superb photos as backgrounds, i'm trying one again you'll get to see how it turns out soon. Grabbed a few (so hard to choose!) layouts for showing off on my blog ;P

De Leo Family said...

What a precious memory! Alex is darling. Aren't you happy you made the choice to comfort her that way? Good job!

So now, I just want to know what Julie Davis recommends. Some of my kids get tummy aches whenever they are too tired. I wonder what could help?

Kindness in words creates confidence.
Kindness in thinking creates profundity.
Kindness in giving creates love.
- Lao-Tse
Kindness in words creates confidence.
Kindness in thinking creates profundity.
Kindness in giving creates love.
- Lao-Tse