Tuesday, August 19, 2008

De-Cluttering... Fun?

Those of you who know me really well, know that I have a really hard time with clutter.  I simply do not know how to get rid of it.  Am I an idiot, you ask?  Yes, but that's not the point.  The point is that this website, flylady.net, will show you how to keep an immaculate, clutter-free home in a fun way that keeps you motivated and interested.  Thank you, Randalynn, for telling me about this website!


If I had been smart enough to take a before picture of my kitchen, I would show you before and after pictures.  But I am so amazed that my kitchen looks like it does now.  I have NEVER been able to attain this clutter-free look before!  And I'm lovin' it.  It was so easy, too!  Baby steps.

Check this website out and follow the steps, even play the super corny video (it is hilarious), but all the steps and challenges and the exact 'how-to's' of de-cluttering or getting your sink to shine or whatever it is you want to accomplish, are incredible helps.  I'm going to work on the master bedroom next so I'll take some before pictures now to show you later when it's done :)  And I'll do it without spending more than an hour a day de-cluttering!

9 comments:

Allie said...

I'm really horrible at clutter too! I just have a hard time finding a home for everything and making sure it always gets back to that place. I'll have to check out that website!

Megan B ♥ said...

I'm a big fan of Fly Lady. So is Justin, when I'm using her influence :)

Megan B ♥ said...

I have her book "Sink Reflections" if you want to borrow it! It was easier for me to digest than the website and emails.

Brooke said...

You are so funny Nikki! I'll have to look, you make me curious . . .

lrbodine said...

I have to admit - her stuff got to be a little too much for me but there were some concepts that I have taken and applied. I do my cleaning in 15 minute spurts now and it helps me out a ton! I probably should review the site again and put some things into practice again....

Nikki said...

Her three box method is what's really helping me a lot right now. I don't follow everything she says exactly... but it doesn't change the fact that her website is giving me the initial ideas and motivation to de-clutter in a way I've never been able to do before.

Nikki said...

Megan, I would LOVE to borrow your book :) Thanks!

Hilary said...

Isn't flylady great? I need to do that again, now that we're settled. I can't wait to see your before and after pictures!! Way to go!

Rebecca said...

I have really learned a lot from the Fly Lady and I want to start implementing more of her ideas into my daily routine. It really has changed my life in small ways that make a huge difference...I just feel so much more in control of my days when I use her ideas. I try to set my clothes out the night before and get dressed right out of bed and stick a load of laundry in right after that. That whole sink exercise really did wonders for me as well.

Also, I think Pocahontos is a great representation of your personality:)

And finally, thanks for the recipe/shopping list tip!

Kindness in words creates confidence.
Kindness in thinking creates profundity.
Kindness in giving creates love.
- Lao-Tse
Kindness in words creates confidence.
Kindness in thinking creates profundity.
Kindness in giving creates love.
- Lao-Tse