Yes, again! At least these viruses are considerate enough to wait 'till we're home to attack, but it's starting to seem that if we're not traveling, we're going to be sick. Alex has been "spitting" since yesterday morning, and has a fever. The first time it happened, she was in bed and came to me pretty upset and said, "Mommy, I spit." She's been inseparable from her "spit bowl" ever since. Our pediatrician says it's very contagious so I'm just dreading when Rory catches this. She won't be able to keep a bowl with her. I rented out the kid's section of DVD's from Blockbuster so we're having a fun movie day full of cuddles. It's actually pretty fun. Needless to say, I've had to cancel my entire week of previously planned events (dentist, activity days nature roll, and the spouses' luncheon thrown by my husband's work) so kind of a bummer, but I'm pleasantly surprised to find how fun it is to simply get to cuddle with my girls all day and watch movies with them. It's one of those nice viruses that makes them very sleepy so they're still happy. Don't you hate the viruses that won't let them sleep at all? Those are the worst. So that's my update and that's what I'll be doing all this week :) And probably next week too since Rory will have probably caught it by then. :)
Deca Durabolin
4 years ago
5 comments:
Yes, but that's only fun for ONE week and I know it :) I'll agree with you that last week when Tanner was sick for a few days, it was so nice to just have the excuse to cancel everything guilt-free and stay home and be quiet together.
Let me know when you run low on movies!!!!
UGGGHHHH...Sorry! I know that stuff has been going around and I hope you're rid of it soon. At least the next couple days will feel like March again so you won't be missing any fabulous weather!
Poor girls, which includes you. I'm glad you're able to find up sides to it. If you catch it too then you're really in for it! Funny thing: one of my really good memories is that Christmas when we were all sick. I remember waking up from a nap and going to the living room, where everyone else seemed to be napping and the fireplace was going. Mom got me some juice and we just got to relax, watching the hypnotic fire dancing.
oh man, the same thing is happening to us
Post a Comment