Sunday, May 1, 2011

Biding time

It seems like I still have such a long time before our boy comes, so the girls and I make the most out of it by making fun hats and beautiful baby blankets, then modeling them.


The girls are wearing my own cap design and pattern, and I added the bear ears from someone else' pattern because I liked it more than my own.





The jewels in the middle of the flowers are actually buttons. This way I can have several different flower colors and change them to match outfits.








Above the girls are showing off the little matching bear hat their baby brother can wear when he gets here.



It took me a few weeks to make this baby afghan because I chose a soft, light-weight yarn instead of medium-weight. Because of this, the stitches are much smaller and more delicate (almost filet). I had to alter the pattern to make it large enough for a baby blanket. And below is the matching blue baby "news boy" cap.






Next I'll be making lion hats and monster hats for the girls and their baby brother. The girls are excited to be lionesses, but I had to convince them they would be cute monsters too and that I would give their monster eyeball eyelashes to make them feminine and pretty monsters. Ha ha.

1 comment:

Megan B ♥ said...

These hats are sensational, Nikki!! Amazing!

Kindness in words creates confidence.
Kindness in thinking creates profundity.
Kindness in giving creates love.
- Lao-Tse
Kindness in words creates confidence.
Kindness in thinking creates profundity.
Kindness in giving creates love.
- Lao-Tse