I took the girls to see a ballet production last night (put on by what could be their dance company some day if they choose to stick with it) and of course they loved it (they were excited to see their dance ta's in every piece). But in one of the pieces, all the dancers wore very immodest costumes (bare midriffs, bikini bottoms, etc.). I could not keep them quiet; they repeatedly and loudly exclaimed in horror: "Why aren't they wearing any clothes???!!!! Why are they dressed immodest??!!! Why is Miss T wearing that??". They were so upset. I was sad myself but I told them some dancers think it's ok to wear that and lots of people pressure them hard to wear it, etc. At the end of the piece, Alex looked like she would cry and refused to clap at all (otherwise an enthusiastic and consistent enjoyment for her).
I told the girls that they would have to make choices some day about modesty but I believe they will want to stay beautiful and modest.
The following piece, the ballerinas came running out with long sleeves and almost ankle-length flowing tutus. I heard both girls gasp and murmur to each other how they looked like princesses. Alex was especially overjoyed at seeing them like that.
It was quite a lesson in modesty. Without my having to do a thing, the girls witnessed for themselves the degradation and crudity of immodesty back-to-back with the beauty, grace and dignity that fine modesty models. I hope they never forget their own observations and feelings from last night.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Deca Durabolin
4 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment