My sister, Mandy, did an incredible job finding a place for (a huge chunk of) our entire family to stay together and visit the Grand Canyon this August. Mandy and her family, Camille and her family, my parents with Nessa and Danny, and their dogs, stayed in log cabins. Dave and I drove our RV over and stayed in that right next to the cabins. It was absolutely beautiful land, with trees everywhere so we had shade... and the weather was just about perfect. It was so much fun getting to spend that time with everybody. We missed my older brother, David and Candice and their children Gabe, Angelique and now Cosette (who was born shortly after the trip!). And we missed brother Michael and Sara (who stayed to cover the office... heroes!) and their children Helena, Marcus, and baby-almost-here. And we missed brother James and his wife, Lee-Ann. And we missed brother Robert, who couldn't stand the idea of an outhouse.
Mandy, John and their kids, David, Emma, Lila and Caden-
Camille, John and their kids, Spencer and Logan
Dave and I and Alex and Rory
All drove in the RV together to get to the Grand Canyon (about an hour away).
Caden, Spencer and Rory are about the same age. This is Caden(left) and Spencer(right) looking out the window as we drive.

Mandy holding Caden and their poodle
John De Leo is sitting up front keeping Dave company.
Camille was smart to bring a pair of blankets and juice bottles for her son, Spencer, and his cousin, Caden. They were oh so happy.
All the kids adore Uncle John. Here the "three babies" are exploring something across the street with him.
here come the big kids to join them.
Alex and Emma

Emma, thank you for the letter! Alex is writing one back to you today!

The Three Divas, Emma, Alex and Lila
Beautiful Lila Jane

Camille, John, Spencer and Caden

Mandy, John, David, Emma, Lila and Caden

Dave, me, Alex and Rory

Rory worked extremely hard on her junior ranger badge. She wouldn't put this booklet down for anything. Writing and writing and thinking and thinking :)

Alex does not like the sun and she wasn't feeling very well. Every princess needs a daddy like this.
Rory adores/idolizes her cousin, Lila. Lila is an absolute angel to Rory and even shared her very nice water pack with her.... again and again and again upon Rory's request. Unfortunately, we found out later that Rory hadn't known how to use the special straw and had chewed the thing to shreds. Sorry, Lila!


Oh dear.
to be continued...
3 comments:
We so need to go there...and now I think its possible with the kids!
What a great bunch and a great vacation. It looks like you had a really wonderful time.
Hi! I am loving your posts! I have missed seeing your kids. Thank you!
What fantastic pictures you have on the trip to Arizona! I love all the family pictures. I don't have copies of those. It is so fun remembering how much our kids loved being together. I miss you guys!
Post a Comment