Thursday, September 17, 2009

Alex' first day of school

August 24th, Alex' first day of school. She loves her teacher, who is a positive and sensitive woman and knows just how to build up Alex' confidence. Rory doesn't like leaving Alex at school (only three mornings a week for two hours) but I try to make it up to her by having a special Mommy/Rory date during that time. Sometimes we feed the ducks, other times we go to the library... we love bookstores, even if we don't buy anything and we often go there. As easy as it would make things, I try not to fill up that time with running errands so that Rory and I can have some quality time together.
I still do a lot of school with Alex at home. We're working on our "learn to read in 100 easy lessons" and doing just a few minutes here and there to keep it fun for Alex. She writes "Alex" very well and is learning how to write her entire name "Alexandria" (we were cruel to name her that, weren't we!)... at least her nickname is the beginning of her proper name... unlike Rory's! I'm not even teaching Rory how to write her nickname... she's starting right now to learn how to spell Victoria.

1 comment:

Megan B ♥ said...

That outfit is killin' me....

Kindness in words creates confidence.
Kindness in thinking creates profundity.
Kindness in giving creates love.
- Lao-Tse
Kindness in words creates confidence.
Kindness in thinking creates profundity.
Kindness in giving creates love.
- Lao-Tse