I can't believe it's been a whole month since my last post. I think the main reason for my absence has been trying to get the girls out of the house more to give them fun activities. We've been to Jumpin' Jacks a few times and all three of us love it! Great place to go during the Winter and I highly recommend it. You can get a Mommy & Me pass for $20... that lasts for one month and covers you and two children. You can use it as frequently and as long as you like during that time. Great deal!
Rory is officially walking and still very proud of herself. She and Alex clap and cheer for every step she takes. This must really be the "right-of-passage" for playing all the cool games with older siblings because the girls are playing with each other more than ever now... even though most the games they play have nothing to do with mobility. Barbies is one of their favorite things to play together. Rory makes her barbies sing, dance, and kiss (like a mommy kissing her baby... or a baby kissing her mommy (which as you know can be quite messy and involved. But nonetheless, completely innocent of course). Though whenever Dave walks in on them playing barbies, he's very disturbed by the "make-out-sessions" or the "lesbian scenes" and I have to explain it to him... but it still disturbs him). Alex makes her barbies sing, dance, kiss, AND fly AND they're constantly asking each other, "How are you doing today?" It's hilarious to watch them play barbies together.
On Monday, I came down with a whopper of a stomach flu. I'll spare you the details but needless to say, it has completely house-bound me and my unfortunate children (who I'm praying won't catch it, too). My doctor's office told me it can last two to three weeks and is highly contageous. Then I called our Nutritionist/homeopathy specialist and she told me to "up" the "cold and flu" remedy along with other things I have (like immune boosters, etc.) and I did. Dave came home and took really good care of me (which mostly means he took really good care of the girls and made me rest... and fed me!) What a man I have. Today, I've been feeling a lot better. Weak as a kitten and still having some... unfortunate experiences- but I really think I'm already getting better and I owe it all to Crazy Magic Box Lady and her remedies! I LOVE Julie Davis and I'm not afraid who knows it!!!! Okay, I'm getting a little melodramatic, but this lady's really saved my family on several occasions.
More exciting news: Dave is changing jobs! He still works for the Church, but he's getting his "dream" position working for the Church's Motion Picture Studios (MPS) right here in Provo. He's still doing "Savior of the World" and a few other shows up in Salt Lake but his new job will start in January. This is going to be so wonderful for our family... he'll be working less hours and NORMAL hours too!!! We haven't had that our entire marriage!!! And while dating! I don't even know how we had time to date! How the heck did that work out? Must be a miracle cuz somehow it worked out and now finally we're going to get some time with him. The girls both crave having him around... it makes us all happier.
That's about it for now. I'll try to post some pictures later of Rory walking and the girls playing Barbies together.
Deca Durabolin
4 years ago
5 comments:
Holy smokes, that was a loaded blog!
#1 -- HA HA HA HA HA on the Barbie drama!
#2 -- Oh, I hope you are better soon and I'm so glad you found a great homeopath! I have never really needed one too desperately, but I've been sorely tempted on a number of occasions. One huge part of me is so into natural remedies. But I suppose I keep my essential oils next to my benadryl :)
#3 -- CONGRATULATIONS ON THE JOB!!! THAT IS SOOooooo awesome! No more freakish Sunday mornings in SLC?? More more! I want more information!!! What exactly is he going to be doing???
I'm glad you are feeling a little better. Please let me know if you need any help at all.
Yippee yippee yay!! Congratulations Dave! That is very exciting news about the new job. It sounds like it will be really cool, and wonderful that it's in Provo. I remember Dave showing me where it was...very awesome.
Jumping Jacks (right?) sounds fun. I don't even know anything about it except that I wish we had one here. Oh what do you do in the winter time when all the ground is ice?
I hope you get better soon, Nikki. I'm so grateful for the magic-box lady.
I am so glad to have you back! I know, life goes on outside the blog, but I missed you! Have a great Holiday, and congrats on the new job! That is wonderful!!
Congrats to Dave on the new job! Does that mean you won't be coming down to Mesa in the spring though? :(
Good luck with the stomach flu. My friend that lives in Utah had what sounds like the same strain! I hope you recover quickly!
Post a Comment