As you know I've been feeling pretty sick the past few days and this morning was no exception. It was 8am and I still couldn't gather the energy (or motivation) to get out of bed to go rescue Rory from her crib. She had complained a little and then stopped, so I was hoping that she had gone back to sleep. Alex, of course, was up and about and trying to stay as quiet as a mouse (per my instructions). Well, Rory stayed asleep (or so I thought) until 9am when I heard her yell through an obviously open bedroom door. I yanked myself out of bed and upon entering her bedroom, discovered the funniest and most touching scene: There was Rory sitting in the middle of her crib, surrounded by piles and piles of toys! She hadn't gone back to sleep at all, but a caring older sister had been sneaking in and out of her bedroom to bring her toys and entertain her while I slept. Alex must have been sneaking out of the bedroom which made Rory protest and that's what woke me.
I wasn't going to share this story because it's kind of embarrassing on my part, but the girls are just so cute, I'll share anyway. One of the first days that I was sick, I could barely leave the couch to go to the restroom. My whole body ached with pain, plus, I had no appetite and couldn't have eaten anything anyway. It amazed me how sweetly Alex and Rory played together and entertained each other all day long. They just let me lie there on the couch and sleep. I woke up at around 1pm, with a panicky thought: I hadn't fed my babies all day!!! Then I wondered why they hadn't been fussy or complaining. I asked, "Alex, are you hungry?" and I heard her dive under the kitchen table! Strange... Upon investigating I discovered that Alex had found our hidden stash from Halloween candy and had been feeding Rory (and keeping her deliriously happy) and herself all day long. I feel like such a loser, but on the upside, at least my children weren't suffering ;)
Deca Durabolin
4 years ago
2 comments:
Kudos to them for stepping up the plate and recognizing Mom wasn't functioning normally! What sweeeeet girlies!
That's hilarious. What a smart child you have even if it was Halloween candy! :)
Post a Comment