Saturday, December 29, 2007

The Photo Session

The first of December, we met Dave's family at a portrait studio because they really wanted an updated family picture with all of us in it. It was in the morning so the girls would be in their best moods, and it only lasted an hour because they would never last longer. This photographer was AWESOME!!! He did everything to try and get the girls to smile... by the end of the session, he was running laps AROUND us, with a stuffed bear half sticking out of the seat of his pants. He had all of us, BUT Alex, smiling (actually we were red in the face, roaring with laughter). She put up a mighty battle but in the end, he was able to grab this one shot of her smiling.... unfortunately, all the rest of us were looking backward and up at her. The man photoshopped the five of us in front from other pictures.
It really was a funny portrait session. I was expecting it to be really stressful and hard... well, I think it was really hard for Dave because he was holding Alex and she's an absolute photophobe. In fact, at one point Dave yelled out as he was struggling to keep Alex facing forward, "Is anyone else sweating like crazy!" At which our photographer blurted out (as he's sprinting around us for the hundredth time), "HEEELLLLOOOO!!!" We got more laughs out of that one. But I just had to sit there and hold Rory who couldn't have been happier to be entertained by the crazy photographer... she didn't understand why he wouldn't let her hold his stuffed bear, though. And, as you'll see in the pictures below, the photographer quickly realized why you don't play "peek-a-boo" with an infant when you're trying to get her to smile for the picture.
Anyway, you can imagine my surprise and utter delight when Karrie gave me these beautiful collages from that session. I LOOOOOOVE these pictures and they're going in our front room where everyone can see them. My scanner wasn't quite large enough to get the entire pictures so you're missing about an inch on all sides... you'll just have to come over to see the whole thing ;) It's such a treasure to me to have a picture of these face expressions.


On a side note, I feel bad we didn't do a Christmas card this year. We received so many wonderful Christmas cards and letters from friends and loved-ones. For everyone who sent us a Christmas card/letter, I want you to know I've saved every single one and put it in a photo album, along with your mailing address. Next year, I'm going to be more on top of things and we'll definitely get a card out!

5 comments:

Erin said...

your family is beautiful! and your girls are adorable.It sounds like the photo session was fun too.

thanks for your comment on my blog too. I would love to tell you all about my camera...email me at

eichelberger2002(at)mac(dot)com

Mandie said...

I love your pictures. Your family looks so good! You are all beautiful. The photo shoot actually sounded like a lot of fun compared to your last experience.
I can't believe how big the girls are I wish we still lived there so Avery could play with them. I love your last few posts so cute.

Kristin and Kurt Bryant said...

Your girls are so gorgeous!! I wish we lived closer so our kids could grow up together. Keep those pictures coming! They make me happy.

lrbodine said...

So cute!! I love that you got a nice family picture done. Rob's family has been talking about getting one for years but it seems like someone is always pregnant or there is a brand new baby or something.

De Leo Family said...

Those pictures of your daughters are priceless! I am in awe. They are so cute! Seeing those different expressions is amazing. I have never seen their personalities so well photographed. Gorgeous girls!

That photographer is gifted. I love that you adults couldn't keep from watching him and they had to photoshop you because of it. Very funny!

Kindness in words creates confidence.
Kindness in thinking creates profundity.
Kindness in giving creates love.
- Lao-Tse
Kindness in words creates confidence.
Kindness in thinking creates profundity.
Kindness in giving creates love.
- Lao-Tse