Saturday, July 28, 2007

Do you have Nauvoo Pioneer Relatives?

One of the activities offered each night before the pageant starts is located at a gazebo set up with computers all around where you can type in your name, parents' and grandparents' names to see if you are related to any of the Saints who are portrayed by actors in the pageant. I was surprised to see to whom, and to how many, I'm related! For instance, I had no idea I was related to Joseph Smith (albeit 6th cousin, 7 times removed)! There are a bunch more but I'll leave it a mystery so my siblings can have some fun, too.

Check it out. Maybe you'll discover some ties you didn't know existed, too!

nauvoopageantcousins

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

cool site...i just checked it out...i'm not related to anyone, but I was surprised that so much of my pedigree popped up when I put in my parents names.

Kindness in words creates confidence.
Kindness in thinking creates profundity.
Kindness in giving creates love.
- Lao-Tse
Kindness in words creates confidence.
Kindness in thinking creates profundity.
Kindness in giving creates love.
- Lao-Tse