Sunday, June 13, 2010

Little feral kitten

Dave is so sweet and after I found Rockwell a really nice home where he had another Newfie to play with and a lot more fenced in land to run on, well it was a really nice home for him but I still felt bad about losing him. So Dave told me to go get a couple kittens. While the offer made me feel better, I didn't want to rush into it.

But that very night as I lied in bed, not able to sleep, a teeny yet persistent mewing commenced somewhere outside in the neighborhood. It didn't stop and it started sounding more and more panicked. I went outside in my pj's to see if I could find it. It was a very scared 5 or 6 week-old black &white kitten, and boy could this feral baby bolt! I finally went to bed. For the next two days, it continued to mew desperately and nobody in the neighborhood could catch this wild thing.

Finally the mewing started to grow weaker and less frequent. I went outside one more time to see if I could even spot it. I found it up in a tree. It didn't move as I climbed up and took it by it's scruff. I put it in my bathroom to calm down. Later that night I had kitten's milk to give it and it let me clean it with kitten cleaning wipes- I think it's a girl and she looked up at me with so much gratitude it was amazing. From that point she seemed to warm up to all if us really fast, though she still hisses at us everytime we come into the bathroom as if she's been horribly startled, but then makes up for it by becoming incredibly cuddly.



-

YouTube Video


YouTube Video


While Sebastian was incredibly annoyed, I think he's enjoying King status. He likes to sleep upstairs almost all day, but whenever he decides to come down, the rule is we put the kitten (whom Alex named 'Calinda'-- I don't know how she thought of that) back in the bathroom and give Sebastian lots of attention. Also, the kitten isn't allowed upstairs and the girls continue taking turns with who gets to sleep with Sebastian at night. So far it's a good system.

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Kindness in words creates confidence.
Kindness in thinking creates profundity.
Kindness in giving creates love.
- Lao-Tse
Kindness in words creates confidence.
Kindness in thinking creates profundity.
Kindness in giving creates love.
- Lao-Tse