I have been looking forward to this past week for months and I can't believe that it not only met my expectations but far exceeded them! My sister, Mandy, her husband, John, and their amazing children, David, Emma, Lila, and Caden, came with us up to the cabin in Midway for a week of snow-filled fun! We partied day and night and it was so much fun to be together. We had so much snow up there and did a little snowmobiling and lots of sledding. Hot chocolate always followed our snow adventures. We also brought up Rock Band and I was more than delighted that my more-mature sister thinks it's just as fun as I do! Putting our kids to bed was quite an ordeal, as you can imagine, with them all being together and excited by such a novel experience! So most nights ended up with we four adults rewarding ourselves with a Rock Band party and lots of goodies down in the basement! We didn't get much sleep... but seriously, who needs sleep when you're having that much fun? One day we decided to patronize the darling small-town outdoor ice-skating rink. I was thinking that it was worth a try even though my kids would probably both get frustrated and tantrum. Boy, was I ever wrong! Alex took to the ice like a little polar bear and didn't want to leave! Rory had fun too, but it's kinda back-straining to hold a toddler up so her ice skates can touch the ice as you tow her around. I haven't up-loaded any pictures yet but they are soon to come!
Deca Durabolin
4 years ago
10 comments:
That sounds like a wonderful time! I can't wait to see pictures! We got Rock Band for Christmas and it really is fun. Have you downloaded any new music for it yet?
Yes, we've downloaded lots of Country! I hate the Dixie Chicks as people, but can't help that I love their music so much.
Isn't family wonderful? Glad you had a great holiday!
That sounds so fun and like a great little break!
How about "embrace" for your word?
I love the idea of your focus for the year. Isn't it funny how we receive these intuitive thoughts on what we should focus on?
My family was just at Midway last week for a few days. Great little place! And I love Rock Band - but our xbox died so we sold it. We're now saving up to hopefully get a Wii this year and Rock Band again. We played a lot of it over Christmas break with my family in Utah though!
That sounds like an absolutely outstanding adventure. I'm so happy for you! And please please post the pics!
Can't wait to see pictures. Sounds like it was a lot of fun. I was wondering what you were up to - haven't heard from you for a while. I desperately need some racquetball play SOON!
What fun! I am a Rock Band addict now, especially the drums!
:-D
Sa-weet!
Post a Comment