Friday, December 12, 2008

That was fun!


























I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who came to our Christmas/birthday party last night!  Can you believe I totally forgot to take any pictures?!!!  I can't believe it myself. So to make up for it, I'll post some pictures of the house I took a few days before the party.  Anyway, we had a really good turn-out of over 30 people.  Karaoke was a huge hit on the main floor and Rock Band was taking it away in the basement.  Guess what?  Dave just heard this morning that Rock Band is no longer only Rock; they've added Country and Alternative and I believe other styles as well.  I'm so excited about that!  Anyway, a huge thank you goes out to my little SIL, Julia, for taking care of Alex and Rory and keeping them happy and in bed while the party was going on.  We couldn't have done it without her.   It was so fun to see friends and to get to know some of our new neighbors at the party.   We're thinking that we definitely need to do these parties more often!



24 comments:

De Leo Family said...

Beautiful! I love it! Sabastian looks so at home. =) Your stairway and balcony area on the second floor are so incredible! I can't wait to see the garden once you have time and weather for it. Alex and Rory are so cute sitting on the stairs!

Happy birthday Dave!!!!!!!

Allie said...

I'm so sad we couldnt make it! Im glad it went well though! Your house is amazing! and its fully decorated too that would of taken me a couple years to do. It looks beautiful!!

lrbodine said...

Your new house is amazing! And you did a great job decorating. I love it!

Leah said...

Ok so tell Dave I said Happy Birthday!! I want to keep saying I love your house, it's beautiful!! I'd die to have it! You did a beautiful job decorating it!!

Sorensen Family said...

Your house is gorgeous! It beats the pants off of mine! I am so glad you guys got a steal on it! We will have to coordinate a time to wave to each other this week! You have a great knack for decorating!

Jamie said...

Your home is gorgeous! I heard the party was great! Sorry we missed it.

mindy said...

It was so much fun and your house is beautiful! Thanks again.

Angela said...

I've always used the excuse that I have 2 little kids at home to explain why my house is never fully decorated or spotless. You put me to shame! Your home is BEAUTIFUL!!!! We wish you many happy years and great memories in your home. I'm sorry we missed out on the fun.

Nikki said...

I'd feel like such a hypocrite if I didn't correct you, Angela, so I'm outing myself: this is NOT what my house usually looks like. And the decorations? I can't take credit for all that. My MIL decorated the tree (which was definitely the hardest part). And don't forget we just moved in so I'm in the "honeymoon" period where cleaning is fun (I'm sure that will pass soon enough). But thank you so much for your sweet words. I just didn't want you to think badly of yourself because in all honesty, my house is almost always in worse shape than anyone else's that I know.

Cindy Merris said...

I am so sad we missed the fun party. My cousins had their birthday party the same night. Your home looks so beautiful. I love it!!!

Rebecca said...

Beautiful!!!! I love your new home!

Mandie said...

Your house is beautiful!!! Congratulations. Sorry we missed the party it sounded like a blast. Happy Birthday Dave!!!

oodlesofoversons said...

Sorry we missed the party ;0( Your house is absolutely beautiful!

Susan said...

It was so fun! I'm buying Rock Band because of how much I had! Next time I play with anyone who was there, I'll be hopefully a little better!

Vanessa said...

nikki your house is amazing!!!!!! i love it!!!!!!!!!!! and your girls are so cute.

Vanessa said...

p.s. i love how you decorated!

Shanna said...

Nikki I love your home! Everything is absolutely beautiful, and it sounds like you had a wonderfully successful birthday party for Dave. How fun! Hope to see you soon :)

Dan & Stacy said...

WOW Nikki that's a really nice house!! Mind if I ask what state your in?

Andrea B said...

Your home is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing pics! I just love it!

Megan B ♥ said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!!! Can't wait to come visit!!! And so bummed that I missed out on the par-tay! Count me in for next time!

Nikki said...

Stacy, we live in the "Bubble" and probably always will because of Dave's career. Except for my side of the family living so far away, I absolutely love living here. It's not as "bubblish" as some like to say. ;)

Hilary said...

What a GORGEOUS home!! Sorry we couldn't make it, but thanks for the pix of your awesome new house!

Camille said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! I can't even BELIEVE how gorgeous your home is!! I knew it had to be incredible because you were so close-lipped and modest about it, but this is more unbelievable than imaginable. I love how you've decorated it. You are like a pro!

Heather said...

So beautifull. I heard you love Christmas, this proves it... The whole thing just looks so amazing, we are SO glad youve moved into the ward! Hope your following Sunday's are a little more relaxed. Em was really happy to see Alex in primary:)

Kindness in words creates confidence.
Kindness in thinking creates profundity.
Kindness in giving creates love.
- Lao-Tse
Kindness in words creates confidence.
Kindness in thinking creates profundity.
Kindness in giving creates love.
- Lao-Tse