Sunday, November 30, 2008

You know it's one of those days when...

-You ask a friend how her daughters are when she only has one daughter and it DOESN'T go unnoticed.

-When asked by the nursery leader, "how old is Rory?", you panic and answer "Three!!!" when       really she's only two.
-You call your old Bishop, "Bishop Wilson" when his last name is Williams.
-Other name mix-ups that are too embarrassing to mention here.
-You're late to pick up your sunbeam from class because you can't find the friggin' classroom!!!  (That is the weirdest little annex in a church building I've ever seen!) and you've never been late (NOT ONCE) before.  
-You heat up your dinner five times because you keep forgetting it's there waiting for you in the microwave.
-You put the "stress management" ice cream away in the refrigerator. (And yes, it's complete liquid now)
-Both your kids go to bed screaming when usually bedtime is a wonderful time of the day.

This was my first Sunday in our new ward.  I think I need to calm down a bit, don't you?

12 comments:

De Leo Family said...

ah ha. So funny. It is good you can laugh at yourself. (I think I hear you laughing?) I hope your day is better now that it is OVER. Hang in there!

mindy said...

Sorry it was so stressful! It was good to see you today though.

Leah said...

Funny because I seem to have the same thing ha[[en to me when I go to a new ward. Well minus a few issues cause Alex isn't old enough yet. I know it'll get better though, you'll be laughing about it tomorrow!!

lrbodine said...

Oh I love you Nikki! Your posts just make me laugh - especially since I can picture all of it hapening. :)

Angela said...

Oh, you're too funny. It's ok for me to laugh because the same things have happened to me! Unless you've moved very recently, it's hard to remember exactly how stressful it can be! BTW, go get more ice cream. It sounds like you really need it!

Rebecca said...

Oh Nikki! Thanks for making me laugh even though I'm sure it wasn't funny in the moment!

You are the best!

and I must ask, the forgetfulness begs the question... are you pregnant?:)

oodlesofoversons said...

That is one crazy day. Hope today was better ;0)

Nikki said...

No, I'm not pregnant, though that would be a VERY excusable reason! I'm afraid getting very dumb, absent-minded, clumbsy, etc. represents a very standard pattern in my life.

Hilary said...

The first is always the hardest, it'll get better. So are you part of the good ole 11th ward again? So jealous if you are!!

chelsea mckell said...

love it! Glad to know I'm not the only one who does stuff like this.

Susan said...

We miss you! I'm so glad you're not too far!

Megan B ♥ said...

While your day must have felt very disturbing while enduring it, I appreciate the comic relief it offered me this morning. What a laugh! You crack me up!!! May your next Sunday be less dramatic, LOL!

Kindness in words creates confidence.
Kindness in thinking creates profundity.
Kindness in giving creates love.
- Lao-Tse
Kindness in words creates confidence.
Kindness in thinking creates profundity.
Kindness in giving creates love.
- Lao-Tse