I have so many homemade flower hats, fluffy booties, frilly blankets and more for girls. In the past I've tried to find patterns I could make for my nephews and the pickins always seemed so slim. I did make a bear hat. Anyway, I'm on the hunt for crochet boy patterns that rival the outrageously cute ones that can be found for girls. I've made a few gold finds already (with extensive searching).
The crocheting has begun. It's so relaxing. Rory asked if this was for the baby. Yes. Then she put it on my tummy and asked if I would put it there at night while sleeping, to keep him warm.

And the girls kept asking me about what I was doing. They are fascinated. So I made sure they had their own crafts too (tracing, coloring, cutting, painting window art, etc. All these and more have been taped to the walls of our house. And now they have demanded that it's high time I teach them to crochet. I remembered that my activity day girls (9-11 years) had struggled greatly with the knitting loom and only one could manage it on her own (and she did quite well). So i didnt think this would work for my young kids but I thought I could at least give Alex a try.
And to my amazement she can do it 100% by herself!
Then of course Rory really wanted to be a part of it. I wrap the loom for her and she can do the rest. It's probably the best fine motor skill developmental practice I've ever seen.
I'm so lucky to have such darling little buddies for my daughters! I never would have believed pregnancy could be so fun. We just spent a full hour knitting and crocheting together.
Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
No comments:
Post a Comment