Thursday, August 19, 2010

Alex' first day of school

Alex was pretty excited for school to start. Lining up before hand was pretty disappointing to her, but she says she had a great day, made three new friends and that her teacher likes her and calls her sweetie. Lol. Here's a pic of my little kindergartener.






Her backpack was full of the supplies her teacher asked for... She just about fell over backwards. I didn't know I could put them in a separate bag and carry them straight to her classroom for her. Do'h!

I told her teacher I'd like to come and help out a lot in class if she could use me. She told me very strongly that no parents would be coming to class for at least the first two weeks so she could establish authority with the children. So I was surprised when this morning (today was the 2nd day of school) she asked if I could come help her tomorrow. I'll let you know how that goes. Dave said that he can take Rory to work with him tomorrow morning and boy is she excited! The girls have never gone to work with their Daddy and stayed there without me before. This will be very special and fun for Dave and Rory.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Megan B ♥ said...

I can't believe she is so big! I just LOVE her uniform!

Kindness in words creates confidence.
Kindness in thinking creates profundity.
Kindness in giving creates love.
- Lao-Tse
Kindness in words creates confidence.
Kindness in thinking creates profundity.
Kindness in giving creates love.
- Lao-Tse