Saturday, April 17, 2010

This poor cat is a mighty fine animal

Most cats would run away but he rarely even tries to get away. He patiently allows the girls to do whatever they like because he really does love them. After a full day of being hugged, squashed, stuffed into his cat carrier, dressed up, and placed in the doll stroller, he still seeks them out to cuddle with them as they sleep at night and to watch over them with a loud, satisfied purr. He has given me the opportunity to teach my girls gentleness, compassion and love and care. He also seems to understand that these children are his care and that it is his responsibility to be patient with them.

If you ever get a cat, I recommend above all others a black and gray tabby like Sebastian. They are highly intelligent and loving. The second thing I recommend is mauling them with affection; this helps prevent the snobbishness from escalating into something nastier. They may pretend to be annoyed with your affection, but they love it, seek it out and are very dependant upon it.


-- Post From My iPhone

2 comments:

De Leo Family said...

What a handsome beast. He is magnificent. I love Rory scooting. So cute!

Camille said...

Spencer thought it was pretty funny how Rory kept scooting after Sebastian. He is a great cat. Apollo is doing very well now (no more scratching up Logan's head every time he is in reach), but I still wouldn't dare mauling him. I think I'd have to de-claw him first. ;)

Kindness in words creates confidence.
Kindness in thinking creates profundity.
Kindness in giving creates love.
- Lao-Tse
Kindness in words creates confidence.
Kindness in thinking creates profundity.
Kindness in giving creates love.
- Lao-Tse