We went in this morning to have the cast put on. After doing a little research, I discovered that you can put glitter on a cast. So for all you Mommies out there with little princesses: if they ever need a cast, don't forget to bring those sparkles with you to get the cast on! The nurses who put the cast on thought it was a very strange/funny idea, but they were very sweet and were up for the experiment. They told me that it dries quickly so I would need to glitter it up as they were wrapping. I thought that was very nice of them , since I was a bit more in their way doing it. But they clearly had fun with it. And the effect was AWESOME! And they seemed pretty proud of it, too, as afterward they brought half the building to see Alex' cast. And of course, Alex chose her favorite color. In person, this looks like a Little Mermaid cast. DEFINITELY something Ariel would wear if she ever broke her arm.

7 comments:
It looks awesome! Way to go on being a great mom and trying to make the experience a little better for her.
So pretty! You look like a mermaid princess! Is the lining waterproof?
Love the glitter! Nikki, you are such a cool mom!
No, it's not waterproof. Turns out the doc doesn't like to do waterproof casts for the bigger/bended casts, since water can get trapped in there more easily and cause problems for the skin. I totally agree with that, but we were both disappointed at the same time. We'll just have to order that waterproof cover.
What a great idea! I think it turned out SO cute! She might not want to have it taken off :0)
Nikki! Just spent awhile catching up on all your summer adventures! Looks like life is flying fast at you like always:) your girls are adoable, and you are such a great mom! Love it!
WOW!! The sparkled turned out AWESOME!! I'm going to have to remember this one... and hope I never have to implement it, of course...
How is she feeling? How are YOU doing?
Post a Comment