Monday, August 17, 2009

He Rocks My World

I just don't know how I got so lucky.  Let me rephrase that: How did such a sweet, loving, wonderful man get stuck with such a moody, quick-tempered, fire-breathing harpy?  I just don't deserve him.  Let me brake it down just a little bit:

  For our 8th anniversary, Dave took me here.  And it was so fun.
It has a gigantic door.
and I thought the little peep door was hilarious.  Kinda Monty Python-esque.
The place had beautiful gardens, walkways, rivers, bridges, fountains and ponds with trees and more trees.


Dave also spoiled me for my birthday last week.  We had an awesome time in Park City and around that area... but he also got a fun little group date together later in the weekend.  Some of my friends who play racquetball with me, and their husbands, met us at the courts for some riotously fun games.  Then we all came back to our house for cake, ice cream, and some Rock Band.  

Here's Lesa rockin' out... and Jeff... I must say I have never heard anyone sing to Rock Band with an Indian Mantra-type accent.  Lizzing, I tell you.

Dave also happens to be an incredible dad.  Look at these spunky, fiesty, little beauties he gave me!  I love my pixies.

And even though he's allergic, can you BELiEVe he puts up with THIS?  Look at this attitude! And he loves to tease Dave... salt in the wound.  He just walks around the house reveling in his ability to taunt Dave.  Oh Sebastian...   And Dave can find the humor in it all and we laugh and laugh together about it all.    Ooooh, you can see the evil in his eyes, can't you?  I just adore this cat.

In short, Dave is the kindest, most honorable, loving, strong, spiritual person.  
I love my hubby.

And after all this, he comes to me late last night after a very long, hard day at work and asks, "What can I do to make you happy?"  and my immediate response (cursed creature that I am)?  [hissing and spitting] WHAT DO YOU MEAN???  I THOUGHT I WAS PLENTY HAPPY!  WHY ARE YOU SAYING THAT I'M MAKING YOU MISERABLE.  etc. etc. etc.   I finally realized that he meant exactly what he said- exactly that- and it is very consistent with his nature: he's caring, considerate and selfless.  You don't have to tell me, I  know I'm a raving lunatic.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Don't you love how we woman read into everything and analyze all words. Why are we crazy like that?!
What a great husband you have and what a fun b-day and anniversary!

Kristin and Kurt Bryant said...

You and I are the exact same person. Maybe one state couldn't hold the two of us! Good work Dave! What a great anniversary! To quote Sister Miller, "he's a good man"!

Susan said...

How completely sweet. You do have a wonderful husband and I have to know where he took you. We are going away for Matt's b-day in Sept. I agree about how we as woman read into things. You are sweet and wonderful yourself, Nikki. After all, you did attract him! :)

Kindness in words creates confidence.
Kindness in thinking creates profundity.
Kindness in giving creates love.
- Lao-Tse
Kindness in words creates confidence.
Kindness in thinking creates profundity.
Kindness in giving creates love.
- Lao-Tse