If you've been to Smith's lately, you may have noticed the miniature shopping carts they've made for children. What a bright idea, right?! My girls just LOOOOVE pushing their very own carts around. Yesterday, for instance, I let them both push their own little carts, and place and carry the groceries in them. I bet that image just puts a smile on your face.
Rory [hysterical]: MMMOOOOOMMMYYYYY (sobbing and thrashing in my arms) if-oo (gasp) don't (sob) gi'me (kicking) back (sob) my (sob sob) cart (gasp, wail)...
I going to (sob) SPANK-oo! (big gasp) AND PUT 'oo ON A TIIIIIME-OOOUT!!!!!! (much kicking, thrashing and wailing).
By the time we got to the check-out stand, all nearby checkers and line-standers were, in fact, smiling (and snickering), but not for the reason I had originally expected or imagined upon first entering the store and spotting those DARLING little carts. This wouldn't be the first time in my life I've said this, but: Stupid... grocery man!
9 comments:
Much laughter going on over here!!!
You always light up our lives with humor. Now we have two "stupid grocery man" stories to laugh about!
Actually, it is very funny to me, because I already went through that horrible experience. All 4 of my kids saw those cute adorable shopping carts and wanted them. I thought, "ok, I guess that is alright." After yelling, chasing, and having my heels slammed into time and time again, I yanked all 4 kids out of the store. I think we were all just about crying from that trip. Now when we go into that store, I prepare the kids. "YOU hold on to MY cart here!, YOU hold on HERE! You hold on HERE! Don't let go!" Then I try to lighten up the mood, which doesn't work anymore: "Let's pretend there are sharks!"
I totally agree with you Nikki. Stupid Grocery Man!!!
Grocery shopping is so hard for us, too. I was so relieved when I got both boys to sleep last weekend and could leave John home with them when I went. All the tellers smiled and commented on me leaving them behind, very well remembering all of our experiences there. The last time I brought them, for example, some lady came rushing at me hysterically because she saw what was blocked from my vision by Logan's car seat: Spencer hanging upside down from the cart, about to drop on his head. Several of us were trying to avoid heart failure as I caught him just as he let go. Then he was embarrassed and started to hit Logan. Next came the check-out, when Spencer grabbed some candy, we wrestled for it and it flew everywhere. Of course, Logan was crying, but the tellers were trying to calm him down while I struggled with Spencer. I thought it was over when I restrained Spencer in his car seat, but then noticed the unpaid for loaf of bread in my cart. Sigh. What fun.
Wow! I'm not the only one with horror stories!
Camille, the stolen items (accidental) have happened to me before too. One time I didn't notice until I got home, so I called them and paid by phone! Something to keep in mind next time we are at the end of our rope.
I guess I haven't been to Smiths in a while. I don't think that would go over very well with Samuel either. Thanks for the heads up!
bah...hahahahahaha (gasp) ahahahahahaha. Wow, I needed that. I just read it to Kurt and he and I are laughing so hard! Maybe I shouldn't be teaching Jake how to talk afterall. The sooner they talk, the sooner they talk back!!!
Those cute carts can sure cause a lot of comotion. Been there!
seriously, in the entire blogosphere... yours is one of my top favorites to read. Loved the story!
Yeah, so we went to the orthodontist the other day and when I was visiting with an old friend, one of the assistants presented Kinley with a congratulatory MAKE UP SET. Niiiiiiiice.... she looked like a clown before we even got home.
Post a Comment