Friday, September 12, 2008

What it's like having little girls:

Rory (Sobbing, Wailing and much knashing of teeth): "I not happy nooooow! I hooooold you, Mommy! I not happy now!"

[hug, hug, kiss]

Rory (uncanny immediate transformation to chirpy, bubbly exuberance): "I HAPPY NOW!"

And this can go on all day, back and forth between these dramatic extremes.

10 comments:

Camille said...

Funny girls. You with two girls and me with two boys: it's going to be interesting to watch the difference in temperaments between the cousins. I must admit though, Spencer's pretty good at putting on the drama himself. He just doesn't flip back to chirpy and happy without some pretty hard work on my part. :)

Angela said...

I can't say it's much different with 2 little boys. Maybe it's just little kids? Although, you probably have a few more dolls and we probably have a few more wrestling matches. We should get our kids together sometime!

Allie said...

Thats hilarious and so true!!

Brooke said...

Wow!

oodlesofoversons said...

Yes, and don't hold your breath cuz it just gets more dramatic with age!

chelsea mckell said...

ya know, Im already starting to see that a little.... Brianna will freak out if I give her to a "stranger" (like grandma) to hold, then when they give her back to me, she is instantly happy again. Annoying and flattering at the same time.

Megan B ♥ said...

You know, a little old lady at the distribution center was sharing similar sentiments with me today when she heard I was having two boys. "Oh, honey, boys are sooooooo much less dramatic than girls, I can tell you that!" Then again, my Tanner-boy can be pretty dramatic sometimes!!

Julia said...

Oh yes... I'm still like that :)

I remember babysitting once and handing the little girl a peanut butter sandwhich, and instead of asking me to cut it into little squares, she just burst into tears. I guess I was just supposed to know how she takes her sandwiches. Duh.

Hilary said...

Gotta love it! Girls are so funny that way. It's great that just a hug and a kiss can transform her back into her happy self! I wish that worked with my eldest!!

Bethany C. said...

Whatis that like? Having girls? ;) Too cute.

Kindness in words creates confidence.
Kindness in thinking creates profundity.
Kindness in giving creates love.
- Lao-Tse
Kindness in words creates confidence.
Kindness in thinking creates profundity.
Kindness in giving creates love.
- Lao-Tse